Thread: Help me please

Help me please

How do u guys do ur Bubble Rings, Bubble Kisses and Bubble Hearts looking to help teach 2 little mers so yeah help me please

Mermaid Kisses
    Starfish Wishes

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita1998 View Post
    How do u guys do ur Bubble Rings, Bubble Kisses and Bubble Hearts looking to help teach 2 little mers so yeah help me please

Mermaid Kisses
    Starfish Wishes

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    That's an interesting question, Auquita! What were your results Googling? There's a lot of info here on this site, finding it shouldn't be difficult.

Once you've practised you'll have more to share, and those who've succeeded can see how best to help you. All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    youtube has tons of great videos on bubble rings
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    I agree that there are videos that can explain it better than we can. But the basics are that for bubble rings you want to lie back so that you're facing straight towards the surface. You want to exhale in the direction the bubble will travel, which is obviously straight up. You want to be a motionless as possible. Make your lips into a circle and exhaled slightly. Being motionless and facing towards the surface are probably the hardest parts since you'll want to float towards the surface, and when you lie on your back water will rush into your nose. To stay down, you'll either need to partially empty your lungs until you sink, or you could hold onto something that holds you down, like dive weights or the bottom rung of a pool ladder. Later with practice you might be able to stay down by kicking to propel yourself down and overcome your natural buoyancy, but as a beginner I'd use one of the other methods I just described for staying down. To prevent water from rushing into your nose, you can either pinch your nose with one hand, or you can wear a dive mask that covers your nose, or you can just let water rush into your nose and get used to it.

Hope that helps!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita1998 View Post

Mermaid Kisses
    Starfish Wishes

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~

Sent from my Shell Phone
    They have an underwater tricks thread you need to check out.

I only know how to do bubble rings
    The way I make my bubble rings is I go underwater at least 5ft, lie flat on my back, hold my nose (with my hand out of the way), stick my tounge out a little while keep my mouth in a circle and say the word "Plow."

Tips:
    If you're more buoyant like me it can be helpful to hold on to a poolside ladder or stair rail so that you stay still. Some people also use weight belts to they are neutral in water (not good for kids though.)

The water has to be still or the ring will break.

It is helpful to imagine you are sticking a tiny dounut on your tounge when you stick it out. Then open your mouth.

Hand-flipper-fin-things (idk what they are called) are helpful when you are trying to get to the bottom without thrashing around to much.

Advanced:
    If you go deeper 10ft or so and make a bubble ring you can swim though it if you have enough propulsion from your tail.

Hope that helps

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    You are never alone.
    There are about
    7,266,786,800 people in the world.
    So mathematically speaking,
    Even if your are one in a million there are still about
    72,667 people who are just like you.