Thread: Very successful first time trial of Swimtail Pro

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+

Very successful first time trial of Swimtail Pro

Perth, Western Australia.

Just a note about monofin and tail swimming at Scarborough Swimming Pool, first off, you can't just rock up in your tail, unfortunately.

First up, you have to be over 12, and you have to do a 50 metre swim test without touching the bottom of the pool and get that signed off on by the duty manager. You then have to book a lane to swim in - the 2.2 metre 25 metre long lanes are great for this sort of swimming, especially if you have big flukes. But the pool is heated!

We thought it was a bit strange that a lifeguard said to my mum, who was photographing my mer-husband and I (with our encouragement!) that there was a blanket ban on photography at the pool! But they have an instagram and a hashtag so I'm confused, and I'm going to be asking about that tomorrow.

However this is about the tails, first swim.

My Swimtail Pro Tropical Sunset, after slight adjustment at Looksmart at Karrinyup fit very well. I found it to be a little too generous out of the box. It would've been exact fit and perfect for non-stretchy material. The fabric feels very high quality and the colours are magnificent, better than in the promotional material. I really like the underscale pattern.

It fit my Mahina merfin very well. Very comfortable, felt great, looked great. The top which I thought I'd splash out for, looks and feels terrific, and hasn't shown any signs of trying to escape.

We're very pleased. My husband, who went for the Sea Serpent look reports no issues, and says it feels great.

We weren't really ready to go for these premium skins yet, but they were on special and with the GST international imports silliness looming, we thought we might as well take the plunge.

My husband swam for an hour, but did his feet in with his acrobatics as he'd forgotten his socks for the notorious Mahina scrapiness, and I did an hour and 45 minutes, which I don't think is at all a bad start for a merfolk still on her L Plates. A slight Mahina scrape. We're both looking forward to our next swim on Tuesday evening.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Second swim last night. Booties made a lot of difference to our feet this time with the Mahinas, great swim!