Thread: Commissions for Custom Finfun Tail designs

Commissions for Custom Finfun Tail designs

I am willing to take commissions for the custom Finfun tail creator. What you'll get is a template filled out with a digital design that you can upload to the finfun tail creator. Prices start at $45, and are subject to rise for more intricate designs. (Celtic knots, tribal tattoos, etc.)

What I can do:
    -Repeating scale patterns, with your scale of choice.
    -Scale tipping
    -Just about any colors you want. (With the exception of black-light and true fluorescent colors. I can't add pigments to their fabric printers.)
    -Different styles of fluke ribbing and shading
    -Tails inspired by fantasy artwork that you've seen and liked.

What I will not do:
    -I will not design direct copies of existing tails, silicone or otherwise.
    -I will not include copyrighted character prints onto your tails. If you want a tail that's inspired by Ariel's, that's fine. If you want a tail with Ariel on it, sorry.
    -I will not go against Finfun's terms of service. Keep it family friendly, no swear words or anything you wouldn't show a four year old.
    -As of right now, designs for other tailmaking companies. I specifically reached out to finfun for the okay to take these commissions. I haven't gotten permission from Mertailor, Magitail, or anyone else to use their company's templates. I'd like to see how this goes first.

What I cannot do:
    -Glitter. This is going to be a printed design that I'm never going to get a physical copy of. I can't add glitter to it.
    -Dorsal and pectoral designs. Right now, there is no option to have the front and back of the tail printed with separate designs. Whatever the template gets filled with will be the same on the front AND the back, and it will not be mirrored.
    -Designs in any size bigger than Adult 2xL or smaller than youth size six, unless Finfun can provide you with a template.

Something to keep in mind:
    -
    Finfun reserves the right to use any designs uploaded to their tail creator. I will not post or share your template anywhere for other people to use, though they may use photographs of your tail or even the design itself in the future. (I think the odds of this are slim, but they included this as a disclaimer.) This will always be the case whether you upload your own design or commission one from somebody else.
    -Lighter colors tend to be pretty transparent on spandex. I can do a lighter colored tail for you, though you may want to consider swim leggings for wearing under it if you want to go this route.

Send me a message if you're interested in a commission. I will only accept payments up front, via. paypal, and you can expect to see your design within a week unless I give you notice otherwise. (Currently with the exception of August 14th-22nd, I will be away from my computer.)

The Queen Angelfish tail was not designed for anyone in particular. I did it for fun and as you can see it looks great in print. This one is a freebie.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Member Euro Pod
    haha I was planning on doing this too XD
    they look amazing tho, and I'd definitely buy one if only I had enough money TwT

Love this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Aerial Princess

Florida Springs Mermaid
    "You Can Swim With Us!"
    https://www.facebook.com/floridapods/

Tampa Bay Mermaid
    https://www.facebook.com/mermaidaerialprincess/

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Wow, cool! I'll save this page in case I decide I want a custom tail. It would be pretty cool to get one based off of one of my OCs.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    I dont have the money yet, but I'm definitely going to get with you in the (hopefully near) future for this. I can never get my template to turn out clean enough to be happy with sending it in, and I honestly love what you did with this one.

I can bump this if I post another freebie, right?

Though just a heads up, as of right now Finfun is sold out of custom tails. IDK when that will change but I still have the templates for small, medium and large saved to my computer.

It is honestly like you read my mind with that beautiful sunset colored tail!

Thanks. I based it off of an image of a flame angelfish. I think the fluke is also supposed to be red, but their flukes are transparent so the color of the water seeps through and you get some pretty color gradients with it.

Where can I contact you for commission?

Quote Originally Posted by VannahElizabeth View Post
    Where can I contact you for commission?
    Just send me a message with your tail size and what kind of design you're interested in, and I'll send you a paypal invoice. I can have the design done within a week of receiving payment.