Thread: genesis

Member Euro Pod

genesis

does anybody have any eperience with the genesis edition of mernation or mernation in general?
    Im thinking about buying one when I get 18 or so, Im currently almost 15. just hoping some people can help me

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Mernation is incredible to work with, I have one of their custom signature tails and I love it to bits. Their customer service is amazing, the paint job and craftsmanship is so professional, and international shipping was super quick. I recommend them 110%, definitely wait till you’ve absolutely stopped growing, I ordered mine after turning 17

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Member Euro Pod
    thanks!
    your tail is absolutely gorgeous!

Member Euro Pod
    Undisclosed Pod
    I´ve got one of the old, two coloured genesis tails from them. Their customerservice while your tail is being ordered and made is topnotch. They help you with every question you have and the productiontime is very short (mine was about a month or so ^^). I´d say the quality is okay, as those aren´t custom tails. The paintjob is good, the measurements are accurate and the silicon is quite thick, which is really nice for beginners^^
    BUT! I don´t know if this happened to everyone, but the silicon is so heavy on the footpockets of the monofin inside, that they´re completely deformed after just about two month. I couldn´t even get my hand in there anymore Maybe I´m the only one with that Problem, but I would still take it into consideration

Quote Originally Posted by crystalleaf View Post
    I´ve got one of the old, two coloured genesis tails from them. Their customerservice while your tail is being ordered and made is topnotch. They help you with every question you have and the productiontime is very short (mine was about a month or so ^^). I´d say the quality is okay, as those aren´t custom tails. The paintjob is good, the measurements are accurate and the silicon is quite thick, which is really nice for beginners^^
    BUT! I don´t know if this happened to everyone, but the silicon is so heavy on the footpockets of the monofin inside, that they´re completely deformed after just about two month. I couldn´t even get my hand in there anymore Maybe I´m the only one with that Problem, but I would still take it into consideration

Have you contacted the folks at mernation about this?

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

I am ordering a signature tail from them, customer service is fantastic they usually email back in less than 24 hours, they are extremely friendly and work with you completely. For example my body has been in a state a constant weaight change for the last year and a hafe. So even thow they’ve made my tail sketch and I’ve paid them, they are willing to wait till my body stableizes to actually have me ship in my duck tape dummy and make my tail. They have not trained to rush me even once! Their weight times are about a month from when they start the process to when they finish it! They ship any where, but if your international check and see what your customs policy’s and fees are. Just so you don’t get surprised, I saw a few folks from Australia get a unpleasant customs surprise with large fees.

I can’t wait to have my tail !!! But really glad I have a fabric mertailor to learn in !!!!! That way I don’t ding up my expensive mernation tail !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    I am ordering a signature tail from them, customer service is fantastic they usually email back in less than 24 hours, they are extremely friendly and work with you completely. For example my body has been in a state a constant weaight change for the last year and a hafe. So even thow they’ve made my tail sketch and I’ve paid them, they are willing to wait till my body stableizes to actually have me ship in my duck tape dummy and make my tail. They have not trained to rush me even once! Their weight times are about a month from when they start the process to when they finish it! They ship any where, but if your international check and see what your customs policy’s and fees are. Just so you don’t get surprised, I saw a few folks from Australia get a unpleasant customs surprise with large fees.

I can’t wait to have my tail !!! But really glad I have a fabric mertailor to learn in !!!!! That way I don’t ding up my expensive mernation tail !!!!

Just a tip for mers with the genesis, when you aren’t using the tail or drying it, but little shoe-things in them (like what’s in the foot part of new boots) to prevent them from caving in.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Yes, Erin is good to work with - utterly professional and very good with customer service. Mernation (for tails) and Siren Allure (for tops) are both favorites around here for their total professionalism in the ordering and fulfillment experience - and after! If Erin hears of a possible problem through the internet she reaches out privately and calmly, and explains what she has heard and asks for more information so that she can help you out. That seems pretty rare though as she proactively gets the data she needs and does status photos for "sign offs" to try to make sure that before the tail leaves her shop you are happy with the paint etc.

If you give Mernation clear direction they follow it and set expectations well about timelines, budget, and what they can and cannot do. Our paint color references have been followed precisely and all tails ordered from them have been received in good shape. Our company has had silicone tails from five different makers and Mernation are the most reliable in use performance and also the lightest silicone fluke weights in the line which makes doing things like tricks and spins easier for performers. The Genesis Line is thicker than our Merbella silicone tail, thinner than our Mertailor full silicone tail, and equal in thickness to Finfolk's silicone tail line but has the absolute best seams regardless of any brand's thickness - we have yet to have a Mernation break a seam or rip on the waist - a rarity in silicone tail brands. Our oldest Mernation is around 3 years old now and has minimal wear on paint and NO waist rip, seam split, or hole issues even though it can work multiple times a weekend with children at events in the summer. The smaller fluke size also makes them easy to pack in standard aircraft luggage while being under the checked bag weight limit.

As a result, when doing film projects or work models, they are much more reliable. On set for an extremely famous modeling TV show both of the other two very large / famous brands we took to set failed and split while putting them on models and had to be removed from the shoot. Thankfully we'd taken all the Mernations, not just the one slated to be in the shoot, just in case we didn't have correct measurements on some of the models as two of them had to be pulled in to work. The Mernations took up the abuse of being put on a variety women of different sizes that they weren't supposed to be fit to and performed the entire time without any technical issues. Since they were so durable they kept the shoot on track.

For some reason their tails also seem faster to dry and less prone to mold / mildew under the same storage and drying protocols as the FinFolk tails and the old Merbella that we have. They dry in about the same duration as our full silicone Mertailor. As an example, we can normally have a Genesis or Mertailor dry in around 4 hours on low heat but need to leave the Finfolks on for around 8 before "draining" them by propping them against walls, and re-running the dryers for another 2-6 hours. My personal hypothesis is that the lack of neoprene and fin sealing process that they use in the flukes helps to keep them from collecting pockets of moisture.

If you do a side-by-side of a Genesis vs. a custom FinFolk, Merbella etc. then a client will pick the non-Genesis just because of the side-by-side paint details (Genesis are Mernation's BASIC tails, if you want elaborate go with a different more expensive option), but if you don't put them next to each other clients like them just the same.

The only major downside with the Genesis in general (as long as you like the basic shape and stock colors) that I find is the Finis Wave and Rapid monofins in them. The posts on the sides of the monofins unlatch frequently and are a pain to re-thread while reaching down blind inside of the silicone tails. Know that it's going to be an issue you'll encounter and order a larger ankle size to be able to slide your arms down to the monofin to do that fix when it's needed and you should be set.
    Sheroes Entertainment LLC
    Visit us at:
    www.sheroesentertainment.com
    Follow us on Instagram at: @mermaids_sheroes_entertainment
    Like us on Facebook at:
    https://www.facebook.com/SheroesEntertainment

Hollywood's underwater stunt performance team - stunning professional mermaids and lifeguards available internationally.
    >The Home of LA Mermaid School<