Thread: Mermaids Are REal

Mermaids Are REal

Hi Everyone,

My name is Bo. I wanted to introduce myself and a book I have just published.

I am from a small town in North Carolina, but I have spent the last fifteen years overseas.

I just published, about two weeks ago, a story I have worked on for the last three and a half years, called Mermaids Are Real: the Mystiq Prong. It's available on Amazon through Kindle or as a paperback. I've enrolled it in Amazon's Kindle Unlimited program, so it's free for those who have Prime or a Kindle Unlimited subscription.

The book is about a 13-year-old boy named Benji who finds out he's a merman. His journey begins when several dolphins and an octopus approach his fisherman father and tell him the boy he found in the water thirteen years ago is from a hidden world called Sanjowqua. Benji must discover his hidden powers as a Mystiq merman and help Sanjowqua find a lost treasure that disappeared when he did thirteen years ago.

Please feel free to contact me as you read it and share your insights as you read. You can reach me through www.mermaidsarereal.co

Here's the link to the book: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...99D27Q1D69NQXM

Thanks so much for giving me this platform to introduce myself and my proudest achievement.

Bo

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Welcome, Bo! Another NC merman, here. I traveled to Taiwan years ago, when we were adopting our son. Are you familiar with the tales of mermaids from right here in North Carolina?
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

HI Dan. I grew up in New Bern. I based the fictional small town in my book on the area around Morehead City and Beaufort. I'm not familiar with any tales from NC. Point me in the right direction?

I'm in Kaohsiung, Taiwan at the moment, but I've also lived in Puli and Taichung. Where did you adopt your son? What city?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    Bo, check out the tale of Mermaid Point. We adopted our son from Jonah House in Taipei. We also adopted four other children from various provinces in China.
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

That's a cool story. Thanks so much for sharing!!

I've only been to Taipei a few times, but it's a nice city.

Happy to meet you, Dan!