Thread: My first swim with my Mahina

My first swim with my Mahina

Well... I'm feeling comfortable, so I want to share with you my first experience with my Mahina.
    I'm really happy with it, it's my first monofin and I really felt comfortable with it. The only problem it's the rubbing on the ankles and I've got a quite nice blister on it hahaha! But it's a little issue I'll solve with some neoprene socks in the future.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJXrPn_BaBs

Thankies for watching!

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Member Euro Pod
    nice!
    i hear a TON of people that get blisters on their heels, I get mine on the top of my feet :/

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    We were forewarned with our Mahinas, we *knew* they caused blisters. Did we forget our neoprene socks? Yes. Could we resist swimming anyway? No. Did we get blisters? Yes. Will we forget our socks again? No.
    But the good news is that the neoprene socks do work in stopping the blisters!

Junior Member Undisclosed Pod Taila Merrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ocean View Post
    nice!
    i hear a TON of people that get blisters on their heels, I get mine on the top of my feet :/
    I actually have a scar on the top of my foot from mine lol

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I have scars on the top of my toes and the back of my heels, but most of the time I don't get blisters anymore. The last time I got blisters was when I raced kayaks across Timothy lake (never been more sore in my life).

Wear thick socks and that'll help significantly.

Get really thin lycra sock from SeaVenger so you can still fit your feet in the footpockets. My neoprene socks were too thick

Sent from my SM-J327T using MerNetwork mobile app
    I'm a smol freckled selkie living on the Golden Coast of California, eager to play with other mermaids and collaborate on epic events. <3

Member Euro Pod
    yea, mine weretoo.
    I used regular socks from the beginning, and now use 2 socks over eachother, but still get blisters...

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I have scars on the top of my toes and the back of my heels, but most of the time I don't get blisters anymore. The last time I got blisters was when I raced kayaks across Timothy lake (never been more sore in my life).

Wear thick socks and that'll help significantly.

But did you win?!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    But did you win?!
    Unfortunately not The lake is huge, and while I was able to keep up for a while, I got really tired halfway through and strarted falling back. It was a really fun race though!

I think Mahina's Blisters are like war scars or something like it hahahahahhaa
    It's no Mahina without them!

EDIT FOR UPDATE:

I bought some neoprene socks from a sports shop aaaaand... surprise! No blisters! I'm so happy! I can continue swimming with my Mahina!
    Last edited by Neerai; 09-03-2018 at 03:37 PM.

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~