Thread: Silicone Mercreature Masks

Silicone Mercreature Masks

Thought people might like to see these silicone masks made by the Immortal Masks company of California

http://immortalmasks.com/shop/mermaid-silicone-mask

http://immortalmasks.com/shop/Immort...-silicone-mask

Here's what the mask looks like on a person. What I think is cool is that your lips fit inside the lips of the mask so that you can move the lips of the mask like those of a real person, and you can speak more naturally.

I think in the second mask she looks like she could be a relative of the merman from The Shape of Water.
    Last edited by AptaMer; 08-23-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I saw the viral posts for this, so impressive!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    wow, those are amazing!
    Love the white/turquoise one, although it would be a bit hard to match with your skin exposed (need to work on moontan ).
    The human-y one is incredibly realistic. A treat for cosplayers and larpers for sure!

age related sidethought: when not feeling young and good looking enough for any mermaid-related activity, such a mask would also come in handy

One thing I forgot to mention was the price- US$500 for the female size and $625 for the male size.

I guess that's not out of line for a top-quality silicone product though, given that it can cost $3k for a good silicone tail.

And @Echidna, I like your point about instantly getting a younger mer-look. It doesn't take long to blow $500 on anti-aging products and potions, and this produces way cooler results!

Add Echidna on Facebook
    it's not just vanity, I was thinking of me when 60+ years old and still wanting to do mermaid show stuff.
    Putting on a mask and maybe some mer-gloves with cool claws or such and nobody would be able to tell how old I am!

I think the price is acceptable, however I'm not sure if they wouldn't have to be fitted personally, or the mouth/eye/nose placement might end up whack.

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Beautiful work.

I'm mostly worried about them interfering with a swimming mer coming up for air, since they would trap water against your face. Probably only a minor risk though.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I'm mostly worried about them interfering with a swimming mer coming up for air, since they would trap water against your face. Probably only a minor risk though.
    I thought about that too. I use some self-made masks occasionally, and that IS a concern.
    I'm not sure if the masks are supposed to be used swimming/underwater.

The creators probably only wanted to create some stunning masks for cosplayers, Halloween and the like.
    Doubt they had underwater use by mers in mind.^^