Thread: finfolk vinyl inserts

finfolk vinyl inserts

aaaaaaaah
    so I just received my finfolk fabric tail today and I realised that the vinyl inserts are pretty hard to take out. How do you guys take it out without stretching your tails?
    (btw I have the lotus fluke)

Just take it slow and pull in really tiny increments. And don’t use your nails. Don’t want to ruin your tail.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Also, when I turn my tail inside out the stitching seems to be very close to the edge of the fabric. I'm afraid that if i stretch the fabric too much the stitching will come off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ok, so i've been able to take it out but I have been spending an hour trying to get the casing back in
    edit- so i got it back in but one of the stitches on the corner of the tail broke so now imma have to take it out again and repair it -.- ahhh

gives up
    Last edited by user76213849809; 08-28-2018 at 10:22 AM.

The youtube videos I have watched all seem to say "bend or roll" the insert and slowly work it into place.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    I can vouch for what Selkie says on the rolling - I do that with my Swimtails Betta's vynil inserts, and it works like a charm. Sure you have to fuss with the fabric a little to get the right tip unrolled flush into the right corner afterwards, but it's so much less intensive than trying to inch it out bit by bit, and inching it back in all the while hoping to not hear the dreaded seam popping. It's also faster too. I can take the insert out in about twenty seconds for post-swim washdown and drying, and about five to ten minutes sliding it back in and tucking everything into place.

Little bit of a different topic, but you're right about the stitching. I wore my neoprene Aqua Fairy today for the first time and the waist came all the way undone and many parts of the fluke are coming undone too.

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRae View Post
    Little bit of a different topic, but you're right about the stitching. I wore my neoprene Aqua Fairy today for the first time and the waist came all the way undone and many parts of the fluke are coming undone too.
    I would contact the company. That shouldn't happen on day 1... are you good with a sewing machine? You could fix it with a stretch stitch and strong thread.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by StellaRae View Post

yea, i'm finding that the stitching is loose in some areas of my tail :/