Thread: Spear fishing mermaids ?

Spear fishing mermaids ?

Hi there I'm not sure if this has been covered yet but I've got a real interest in starting spearfishing as a supplement to my other aquatic activities. Getting free diving training will naturally have to be on the cards first. But I was just interested in seeing how many of us here spearfish and if anyone would be interested in doing it in a tail.

I'd like to get a discussion going about this topic, go over safety, viability of spearfishing in a tail etc. anything that comes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intriguing, Chimera! I've always wondered if a speargun could be part of my mersona's kit.

I'm not sure if monofins work for spearing though, I've only ever heard of spearos using bifins.

Agreed tho, spearfishing mers would be awesome!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Never spearfished before but I think it'd be cool. Closest I've done is hunt crawdads in my tail. That was fun.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    I've never really wanted to spearfish at all, always too concerned about sharks being attracted to it here, your area might not be the same though.

I Live in Port Elizabeth, South Africa and we have great whites here but I don't plan on doing it here as the visibility is terrible, I'll have to travel to Mozambique for that 🤣🤣🤣 I plan on making many trips lol

But still....just Imagine... it just combines the magic of mermaiding with a more holistic approach to catching your own food, being one with a natural element.

Even if you hunt for shellfish 🦐 crab or mussels and oysters. I wonder if the added element of being in a monofin will help or hinder the operation. Something to look into.

Watch this guys, Mark Healey has the right idea.

https://youtu.be/n8WIlrc-NrY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spear fishing mermaids ?

Do your Mer-selves a favor and watch this awe-inspiring, goosebumps inducing video with a Alan Watts track. There is a longer version if you're interested.

https://youtu.be/7Sv_Bv1H7BQ

The first thing I thought when they come out of that cave is " yassss they're bloody mermaids !!!""

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Never spearfished before but I think it'd be cool. Closest I've done is hunt crawdads in my tail. That was fun.
    That sounds fun! If the creek in my parent's property flowed fast enough for the crawdads to not taste like mud, I'd try.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!