Thread: Corsetmaker turned mermaid

Junior Member Euro Pod Aodhamair's Avatar

Corsetmaker turned mermaid

Hello all!

I have just signed up for my first mermaid introduction lesson next week and I am soooo excited. I am 34 (so not all that young anymore) so it has been a bit of struggle finding adult mermaid lessons in the Netherlands. I have been wanting to do this for ages but it is hard to find classes that accept adults. So I will be diving 2 hours there and back again but it will be totaly worth is when I finally get to try it out!

A little about me I am short, curvy have a passion for corsets and anything Fantasy. I have build my life around magic and fantasy and make corsets and fantasy gowns for a living now. (www.rainbowcurvecorsetry.com) I have always wanted to be some kind of magical creature be that elven, draenei or mermaid all is good to me. I have not even been to my first mermaid lesson but for the past week all I can do is take in as much info about mermaids as I can. I even made myself a mermaid bikini as I did not think my pinup bathingsuit with cherries would look very good with a tail. I have also designed a mermaid corset (with silicone hipfins) which I started to sculpt for today I cannot wait to make this design. So yeah I would say I am pretty creative.

In the introduction lesson we will get to use the monofins/tails of the pool but I am already looking into what kind of monofin I want and planning how to make my first tail as I fear my hip to waist ratio may be a bit to big for most commercial tails (I anticipate major tail gapping).

Here is my first question: I really like the look of the Finis Luna and the Fantasea monofins (love the flop) but I am unsure if they are suitable for an absolute mermaid beginner?
    I hear they are hard to make a fabric tail for, any tips?

Thanks so much for letting me into this community.
    Joni (Aodhamair)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    I'm nearly 20 years older than you and I got my first tail last year! You'll be fine. And what lovely designs! Your lesson will be very helpful. I'll leave it to the more experienced to talk about monofins, I love my blister inducing (without neoprene socks) Mahina merfin but I started out with The 2 Tails which is more manoeuvrable but lacks power.

Member Euro Pod
    T' is idd moelijk om zeemeermin lessen in nl te vinden, Ik heb er wel een in alphen aan den rijn gevonden, lessen voor beginners en gevorderde.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ocean View Post
    T' is idd moelijk om zeemeermin lessen in nl te vinden, Ik heb er wel een in alphen aan den rijn gevonden, lessen voor beginners en gevorderde.
    - Oh I had not found that one in Alphen aan de Rijn, that might be closer to me I'll look into that. The introduction class I am doing is in Haren (groningen) but I was thinking about doing the full course in Zeist when they start beginners again.

Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    I'm nearly 20 years older than you and I got my first tail last year! You'll be fine. And what lovely designs! Your lesson will be very helpful. I'll leave it to the more experienced to talk about monofins, I love my blister inducing (without neoprene socks) Mahina merfin but I started out with The 2 Tails which is more manoeuvrable but lacks power.
    Thank you! the Mahina looks cool too but so big... I have not looked at the 2 tails one, is that similar to the finfun one?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    I've not tried the finfun one, but I think the finfun one might be a little bit bigger. They look a bit similar, but I don't think the finfun one has the straps.