Thread: Health insurance for mers ???

Health insurance for mers ???

Hi there y’all, I was wondering how y’all who do this as your only job have health insurance?

I’m only part time right now as a mermaid, as well as I work a minimum wage job, and am trying to do college classes. I suffer from anxiety depression, and extreamly debilitating migraines along with some other physical issues.

So I’m wondering do y’all buy your own? Or have it through your government? Pay out of pocket or have another way of getting it?

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    When I worked full time as a mermaid, I couldn't get private health insurance due to per-existing conditions. I went into a bit of debt honestly because my medication was very expensive. Eventually I was able to get on my husband's plan, but insurance was a big reason why I decided to go back to work as hard as it has been to juggle both a day job and my business. I can make a living as a mermaid, but it's hard to save, can't take vacation or sick days, no insurance etc. I used to only take jobs during "off season" on a contract or part time bases and sometimes those would come with a bit of insurance which helps. If I was a bit younger I think I'd still be going that but I'd like to have a family at some point so it's time to grind for me!

Thank you Raina !!! I am currently trying to find a job that will give me enough hours to have health insurance but because of our governments policy’s no one wants to offer it!

Just another reason I need a college degree I guess !!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I am interested in knowing the extent to which health insurance covers health problems. Are there medical conditions or treatments that insurance generally does not cover? Share information or experiences regarding health problems that may not be covered by insurance.

In my experience with UnitedHealthcare, their health insurance is comprehensive and typically covers a wide range of conditions and treatments. However, it is important to note that the specific coverage may vary depending on your plan. Although united healthcare customer service does provide detailed information, I have read in reviews that there are times when certain procedures and treatments are not covered by insurance. It is important to read your policy documents carefully to understand your coverage for specific health problems so that there are no surprises when you seek medical care.

I always have health insurance, and if I go on a trip, I always take out another insurance that covers a wide range of insurance events. Just in case. It gives me a feeling of security.

I used to not understand why travel insurance was needed until I broke my leg and ended up in the hospital, and then got into a car sharing accident. Since then, taking out an insurance policy is a mandatory step in preparing for a trip. After trying services from different companies, I settled on Auras travel insurance company in the Philippines, which provides full insurance services so that I definitely don’t have to worry about anything while traveling.