Thread: Getting my first tail

Follow AdaShelby on Tumblr

Getting my first tail

Hi everyone!
    İ am planning to buy my first tail this year.
    İ know that i shouldn't buy silicone for the first time.İ just want to know the sites do wordwide shipping.İ looked at the sites that sell tails in here.(mernetwork)
    But still i want to know public opinions too.Like which ones are economic (i am a student ) but good and fitting for body types.
    İ am lil bit chubby so i don't know i can loose weight at that time so i need to pick up sizes.
    İ am really excited for that so every help will be appreciated.
    Thank you!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    well off the top of my head for fabric are finfun, swimtails, mertailor, maybe mernation. (obviously there are many more haha, these are the ones i thought of without looking the thread up)

finfun is the cheapest, but imo you get what you pay for.

mertailor and swimtails are both quality, i own a swimtails tail but i've heard lots of good things about the fantasea tail from mertailor.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Thank you so much i will look at them.

mertailor and mernation are good choices for a beginner silicone tail as they are cheaper than most silicone tailmakers. as a chubby mermaid as well i'd go with the mernation genesis tail as their flukes are bigger than mertailors, but mertailors flukes and scales are extremely realistic. purple mermaid studios makes silicone/neoprene hybrid tails starting at $300 if this is your first tail and you really want a silicone one i'd recommend her as its cheap, somewhat realistic (it has texture) and it is fully customisable (you can design your own fluke shape and fins)

Thank you very much

Don’t forget magictail.de ! It’s a German based company. A little more expensive and with odd sizing but way more choices!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Heard it for the first time thank you !

I just my first tail a few weeks ago. It’s a Guppy fabric tail from Mertailor. It’s beautiful and I love it.

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app