Thread: Your chance for heroism with Science!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+

Your chance for heroism with Science!

So I just got this email because I was a volunteer with them the first time. And I teared up a bit, because it's wonderful that I can basically be International Rescue or for those of a younger bent, on The Global Frequency in my lounge room.

If you ever wanted to be John Tracey up in Thunderbird 5 or get that call from TGF as the eye in the sky helping rescue people go over to zooniverse.org and get yourself a login.

And if they don't end up launching the Planetary Response Network, there's heaps of other cool stuff to help with.

"Hi there,

We'd like to give you a heads-up that we may be launching the Planetary Response Network again in the coming days in response to possible destructive storms making landfall in the Caribbean. Fingers crossed the storms will dissipate and we will not be required to launch the project. However, if we do, we want to be ready to help as quickly as possible!

If we do launch the project, we will message you immediately and we'll be grateful for any help you can provide.

Additionally, we are looking to contact any volunteers in the USA, preferably in the Washington DC area, who might be interested in talking to a press contact. If you are able to help, please email*(email address)

This is wickedly cool, I don't have a boat though so I'm not sure how I would rescue anyone unless it were in the shallows 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    It's all from your home, you analyse images and the response teams use the data.