Hi there, I'm just finishing up a children's story and I need some ideas, please. My story ends with the mermaid council decreeing a found item "magical" due to its ability to indicate when tides go in and out, etc. They believe this (pocket watch) "magical amulet" controls the sun. They decide to have it placed in the center of the pod community in an enclosed "box" so everyone can see it but not break it since they are afraid they'd break the sun. I imagined they might want to use an ornate box found in a shipwreck. Or maybe a found crystal bowl turned upside down on top of a coral or rock pedestal. Maybe the inverted bowl would be glued to the pedestal by "blue mussel glue". I would PREFER a totally natural object rather than manmade. Got any ideas? Naturally, since this is a kid's book, there will not be an explanation or description, but there will be an illustration. In fact, the illustration will be on the cover of the book. Thanks for your help. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

jkcproject