Thread: help me pls-

Member Euro Pod

help me pls-

so, I really want the finis luna, but my parents are like ''you already have 3, so no.''
    ''you will probably have forgotten it in 2 months or so''
    what can I do to convince them? ;--;

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    Honestly, give it time. That's really all you can do to prove you're sticking with it. Keep using the 3 you already have and when you've surpassed their expectation, bring it up again. You can even try asking for it as a Christmas present if that's something your family does.

As a parent, few things are more annoying than being pestered to buy something and then it never gets used. Maybe you could do something to earn money to buy it yourself. Or your parents might go for it if you earn a portion of the money and they can pay the rest. That shows that you’re invested.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    If you want it more than the other ones you have, sell all or some of them and use the money for the finis luna.

Member Euro Pod
    the problem is, I use all of my fins intensively, and I worked for the money, and have like twice the ammount I need to buy it :/
    I have bought all my fins and tails myself so far, and I worked for it, my parents don't pay anything, so yea...

Add Echidna on Facebook
    Visit Echidna's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ocean View Post
    the problem is, I use all of my fins intensively, and I worked for the money, and have like twice the ammount I need to buy it :/
    I have bought all my fins and tails myself so far, and I worked for it, my parents don't pay anything, so yea...
    if that's the case, they don't have a say in what you do with your money.
    If you're over 15, in most countries you are also legally empowered to do whatever you want with money that is yours. I'd get the fin and tell them to stuff it, they're overbearing.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Well in that case, your money, you get to use it however you want.

Member Euro Pod
    Quote Originally Posted by Echidna View Post
    if that's the case, they don't have a say in what you do with your money.
    If you're over 15, in most countries you are also legally empowered to do whatever you want with money that is yours. I'd get the fin and tell them to stuff it, they're overbearing.
    I turned 15 a few weeks ago, I don't have an credit card, so it'll be hard to order something online without them ordering it and me paying the money back afterwards.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Hmm. https://www.finder.com.au/getting-a-...-your-teenager might have some ammunition. Bear in mind, I am in Australia, and things may be different in your country.

wire transfer isn't an option? You should also think about if your parents could be right. I've got two monofins and there is more trouble to think about: Where to store it, (dis-)advantage between them? When to use which one?

In my case I do have a one made out of plastic, which is good for public pools and one made out of fibre glass which I use in open water. In your case they would be probably interchangeable because they are very similar which, for me, is no reason to buy another one (which is probably also the opinion of your parents).

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Maybe try
    a) offer to pay for the entire thing
    b) offer to give away one other fin
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

If you have the money to buy it yourself and just need a credit card to order it, you could buy a visa gift card. I’m not sure how it works where you are but here you can walk into any convenience store and buy a reloadable visa gift card for maybe $4 and then load it up with however much cash you want to put on it. Then you can use that to order whatever you want.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kristy View Post
    If you have the money to buy it yourself and just need a credit card to order it, you could buy a visa gift card. I’m not sure how it works where you are but here you can walk into any convenience store and buy a reloadable visa gift card for maybe $4 and then load it up with however much cash you want to put on it. Then you can use that to order whatever you want.

Mermaid Kristy is thinking on her fins! This is the perfect solution.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!