Thread: The next tail

The next tail

I’ve had my fabric tail (Mertailor Guppy) for about a month now and I absolutely love it. But I’m already thinking about what I want for my next tail. I definitely want to upgrade to something more durable like neoprene. So I’m debating between one of the Finfolk fabric tails or a Mertailor Whimsy tail. I’m kind of leaning towards Finfolk just because I’m in love with their big giant flukes. Any thoughts on those tails? How’s the quality?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    The latest batch of Finfolk tails had a major quality issue. The material appears to be of a lower quality and the tails aren't lasting. Also, they are sold out. I would wait to see if the fall line has the same issues or go with Whimysy now.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

I’m thinking sometime in the next six months or so. I can wait.

I've already decided on the Mertailor fantasea tails for my next fabric tail, and I have a Finfolk fabric. I'm tired of the vinyl that goes inside the fluke. It rips through the neoprene and adds a bunch of unnecessary weight. Plus I'm not a fan of the business model that is limited release/must be a podsquad member/your tail selling out of your cart.

The finfolk tails are certainly pretty, but that's about all they offer.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I've already decided on the Mertailor fantasea tails for my next fabric tail, and I have a Finfolk fabric. I'm tired of the vinyl that goes inside the fluke. It rips through the neoprene and adds a bunch of unnecessary weight. Plus I'm not a fan of the business model that is limited release/must be a podsquad member/your tail selling out of your cart.

The finfolk tails are certainly pretty, but that's about all they offer.
    Well that’s disappointing. The Finfolk tails sure are beautiful though. Maybe they’ll eventually work out their fabric and design issues. Guess I’ll stick with mertailor for now.

It's definitely disappointing considering how talented they are. It seems like they're really overwhelmed by their popularity, have bit off a bit more than they can chew, and can't/aren't taking steps to expand the business to meet the demand. Hopefully other tail makers can match their talent/quality and offer an alternative that can satisfy customers and take the strain off Finfolk.

As it stands, I'm amazed they let the custom orders extend to a 3 year wait list. Seems like a terrible business choice.

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^