Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moonstone inspired tail design

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepySiren View Post
    Mmmk so im experimenting around a bit more... i increased the saturation a bit and i think i like it a bit more.. i also removed the white striping because i dont entirely love them anymore.. its beginning to stray away from the original moonstone concept but oh well hahah
    I also blended the orange into the teal with a bit of yellow which i think creates a nice rainbowish effect...
    Thoughts? Attachment 43573

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySiren View Post
    I tried out what you suggested and it ended up kinda muddying everything.. not sure why though .. i also love that style of fluke coloring ♡

Do you have the tail, fluke and fluke ribbing on their own separate layers?
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    Do you have the tail, fluke and fluke ribbing on their own separate layers?
    Mmm no, all the blue is on its own layer, then the yellow and orange is seperate. I didnt go into it wil a set plan so i didnt use my layers very logically... i still have quite a bit of freedom for alterations though

I tried, but it wasn't easy with the little jpeg file.

I'm not sure if this is how it looked when you tried it but it's what I was suggesting.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post

I tried, but it wasn't easy with the little jpeg file.

I'm not sure if this is how it looked when you tried it but it's what I was suggesting.
    Hmm that does look really nice.. i might try bringing the yellow and orange of my updated design up a bit.. the fluke does look better with the secondary color more prominent

It is important to develop your business and become better every year, I believe that you should always look for ways to make your work easier. For example, I found stock images here depositphots.com in different sizes, I really need it to use for advertising. I really love this site now because of the ease of searching for the theme and size, and it's not expensive if you buy in bulk.