Thread: Hello from a Siren

Junior Member Pod of The South Siren's Avatar

Wink Hello from a Siren

Hi! It feels weird finally posting on a forum instead of just reading it, but here it goes.

My name is Linda, but I go by Siren. The name has many meanings to me and is used for several things. My boyfriend actually named me this because of my love of mermaids and my voice....I'm a professional opera singer and have all the videos to back up the fact that I'm not just an American Idol reject.

I do not consider myself a mermaid...I consider myself a Siren. I've always been drawn to the folklore of these lovely creatures luring ships to the rocks. Such bad girls! There's something dark and mysterious and intriguing about it and I guess I relate to it more.

I used to go to Weeki Wachee all the time growing up. I decided I wanted to be a mermaid then, but when I stuck my toe in the spring and felt how cold the water was I changed my mind lol.

Fast forward to now...the topic everyone wants to know about. For a long time I was affiliated with the Mertailor. I've been around so long, I even saw Mermaid Melissa's audition video (she got where she is for a reason...she is incredibly talented). I've always stayed in the background. I have appeared at conventions and even in a documentary with Eric. We got closer through the years. He became my best friend. We were each others everything...joined at the hip. I lived on his couch about 3 nights a week and we worked together until the wee hours of the morning every day. Sadly, as has happened with others, we are no longer friends because of his decisions, not mine. He claimed that I created something against him, but wouldn't say what (because there was NOTHING). Forget the business side of things and forget everything that I created and helped him with. Eric Ducharme broke my heart. No, not because I'm IN LOVE with him as he claims every woman is, but because I did love him very much. It's hard to think that the whole time only half of the relationship was real. He hurt me more deeply than I thought he ever could, and it still hurts.
    I will never stoop to the level that he has brought himself to, though. Eric is one of the most talented individuals I have ever known. His art is amazing and watching him work is a thing like nothing else. He is a fantastic swimmer and immensely graceful underwater. I will always love him, but after what he has done to me, I will never like or trust him again. I'd rather not go into excruciating details publicly. Everything will come out in it's own time.

So that leaves this Siren without a home. What's next? I create a home of my own. I take charge of my world. I took a break from the "mer world" altogether, but now I am back. I want to right some of the wrongs that were created. I truly love people and like most people here have genuine human compassion. Mermaiding is supposed to be fun! When did it turn into such ceaseless drama? The ocean is big enough for everyone and if we can all coexist with each other, the sea will be a much better place. There is no need for silly competition and no reason that all tail makers and performers can't team up to make each other the best they can be.

I guess I've rambled enough. It's great to meet you all and finally have a voice of my own on here. I look forward to talking with everyone very soon.

Siren

ps......LOOK UP! The sun is shining and it's a great day to be a Mer!!!

Welcome to the forum dahling!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod LindseyLu's Avatar
    What a lovely and heart-felt introduction... <3 Happy to meet you here!

Senior Member Pod of Texas MermaidSaku's Avatar
    : D Welcome to the forum ^////^
    Yay another singer!!! : )

opera. that is very lovely. i was really hoping there would be an opera singing mer someday. siren. welcome!

Hello. Welcome!
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. I hope you get through them well.
    Out of curiosity, did you get to keep your tails, or are you currently tail-less?
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Junior Member Pod of The South Siren's Avatar
    I'll have to dig out an old video I have of opening a Romance novel convention in a tail singing "Tonight" from West Side Story. lol It's amusing at the least.

Spindrift, sadly I'm stuck with my legs for the time being (except a dry tail), but that will change soon.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I think you are the bees knees! <3 also West Side Story = my favourite musical of all time. I played Anita and probably spent 2 days trying to learn to roll my toung to sing America. hahaha

I hope you get or make the tail of your dreams!!! So happy to have you here, your introduction is amazing

I'm really sorry you had to go through that with him. I've been in that situation with a "friend", and the hurt never really goes away but things do get better. *hugs* I hope things heal quickly for you. I think it's great that you haven't let that taint your perspective of things in the community. I agree that there is a lot of needless drama and competition but with any community it seems inevitable. Hopefully with more people like you we can make it minimal, make the community a warmer friendlier place Welcome, and glad to have you here!