I was thinking about maybe trying to get some ideas i had for comic books published, and I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in them....should they ever get published. Also, I made this post to encourage others here to showcase their ideas for a comic book series of their own too.

First up is this gem:

DANGER DAMSEL
IN:
GOTHABILLY NOIR

"DANGER DAMSEL IN: GOTHABILLY NOIR", is all about a crime fighting gal in the 40s/50s crime noir style, but with some Gothabilly style. Danger Damsel is not a damsel in distress, and while some will try to pass her off as a femme fatale....that's not her either.

She's on a mission to free her country from the grip of the mob, one city at a time. From New York to Chicago, to LA and Las Vegas....the mob is #1 with a bullet as far as she's concerned.

Characters:

*Danger Damsel (Real name undecided): A gal tired of corrupted politicians and crooked cops in the pocket of the mob, she sets out on a mission to try and free her country from the mob....personally. A chemist and the daughter of arms manufacturer, she'll bring down the mob with a seemingly vast array of weapons...including her modified pistol named "Ol' Smokey" (which used to be her father's personal prototype gun.

She has all kinds of bullets, including: a bullet that causes a smokescreen, a bullet that creates a flare, a bullet that has a thermite charge (handy for burning locks on doors off) and even bullets that have knockout gas and more.

*Fast Eddie (Edward Valentine): A former Tuskegee pilot, and Danger Damsel's Mechanic. Modified her car to be able to have hidden weapons and gadgets if needed (think a roadster style mach 5).

*Schlecter Wulfe: A gentleman thief with checkered past during the war, trying to make up for it by helping Danger Damsel to save as many lives as possible.

*Husky Slim: A Native American escape artist and activist for tribe, and former code talker for the USA during the war. An expert linguist and pacifist, helps try to keep Danger Damsel from killing whenever possible....to make sure she stays on the straight and narrow in some of the most heated situations our nation never knew happened.

next we have this one, which was inspired by a comment from a friend of mine:

vampire sally and the darkriders

Sally : Sally is a vampire that had a dormant vampire gene, from an ancestor several hundred years ago. When Sally began to transition, her biochemistry began to alter as part of her hormone replacement therapy.

Something with the HRT altering her biochemistry, to awaken the vampire gene slowly but surely. Until the death of a dear friend of hers, caused her biochemisty to go haywire and thus fully activating her vampire heritage.

Sally is stronger and faster than most humans, a genius specializing in history...science and mythology...also is an expert tracker. She uses her vampiric abilities to help the darkriders solve crimes...

* Sally's favorite food is a type of scrambled eggs, using blood instead of egg yolk with just a nice dash of salt. She is also able to drink water, though she only does after eating a solid food like the bloody scrambled eggs.

* Loves Winter

* Sally will also say she hates the rain, but has been known to enjoy slow dancing with roger in the rain in the past (...not that the darkriders need to know that).

* Though she'll never admit it, sally's favorite song is "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" by WHAM!

* she'll say it's "white wedding" by billy idol....but she is lying through her fanged teeth.

Black Betty : An African American teenager that was lynched during the 1950s for having exceptionally dark skin, a necromancer in the south took pity on her...and raised her as a lich. Her eyes glow light blue with an erie ice like fire...

She now uses the necromatic arts to help her, Sally and the darkriders to solve murders and other crimes.

*Does Not need to eat or drink

*Her favorite song is not most definitely....not Black Betty, in-spite of what Sally might suggest.

* Loves Jazz

*Does not prefer any particular season, but admittedly hates late June...for obvious reasons.

Wither Jim : Jim used to be an Amish farmer, until one day a fungal infection mutated him. Causing him to have a withered almost walking corpse like look, and the ability to vomit a black mold riddled blood.
The blood can cause organic material to rot and become as mold, and metal to rust. He uses these abilities to aid Sally and the Darkriders to solve crimes.

*Has been known to eat raw meat and vegetables. Unknown if he drinks anything

Typhoid Mary :THE infamous typhoid Mary, she was made immortal by a quirk in genetic makeup, it is said she is immune but can carry any known disease...of which she can spread or cure any of which she carries, with a touch or via bodily fluids. She is immortal only so much that she cannot die from disease, viruses, fungi, molds and she never ages.

She acts as the Darkriders biological weapons expert, and is a certified M.D. under various aliases throughout her history. She worked with the C.D.C. until the founding of the Darkriders.

*Favorite foods are typically 19th century staples, but has been known to eat modern chinese take out....when she thinks the others aren't watching.

Rowdy Roger Rogerson : A werewolf P.I. from Nova Scotia that sometimes helps or requires the help of The Darkriders in solving a case. Like Sally is faster and stronger than humans, and the expert tracker that trained Sally.

*Rumor has it he has a thing for Sally, and the feeling might be mutual.

*Roger loves Fall and the rain

* Favorite food is a meal consisting of: a medium rare streak, seasoned potato wedges with some hot sauce and a beer. But has been seen to enjoy the same bloody type scrambled eggs as Sally, with a finely aged Scotch.

- side note: thought up a new character for the vampire sally's world (that may or may not be a spinoff series), "Mermaid Sammi". A gal that used sorcery to turn her friend into a mermaid, however....magic can't be used selfishly, and thus Sammi suffered a rebound. Turning Sammi into a mermaid too, however....utilizing her her knowledge of sorcery, she managed to undo it to an extent, but magic always has a price. So most of the time, Sammi is human in appearance, but when in the water she'll experience a transformation into a mermaid. However, it must be untreated water....such as in a pond, lake or in the sea. And she'll turn back into a human, after being out of the water for an hour. ...only during the days of the full moon for example, she'll be called back to the sea and experience a rather painful transformation into a mermaid. Also it doesn't help that sammi is aquaphobic ^///^;

so those are what I got for right now, let me know what ya think of them and totally feel free to post any ideas of your own for a comic book series.