Thread: Raising funds for a monofin

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel

Raising funds for a monofin

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this or not, or if I'm even allowed to make a post like this.

I am raising funds so I can at the very least get a monofin, any help would be much appreciated.

So please share and/or donate if you can
    https://www.gofundme.com/finfun-monofin

Signed,
    -Mermaid Ichthya
    Last edited by Mermaid Ichthya; 10-01-2018 at 07:06 PM.

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MerFaire View Post
    Wrong link
    I didn't even notice, thank you ^.^ the link has been corrected

$60 isn't much though, I bet you could earn that money babysitting or ask your parents if you did some work to earn it. That's within reach of what you're able to do I think.

I'm 31 and on social security disability

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Oh, I thought you were someone else from another thread who was a teenager. Nevermind

If it makes you feel better, you don't look 31 in your picture. I thought you were 16 or so.

It doesn't ^////^;

My wife and I have the same struggle. If I shaved off my beard/mustache I would look real young. You'll appreciate it as you reach your 40's and people still think you're in your 20's.
    https://merfaire.com - Mermaid podcast and Yearly Phoenix Festival

I'm already getting people accusing me of bring a timelord to an elf from lotr...a few wondering if I'm just plain immortal

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ichthya View Post
    I'm 31 and on social security disability

Save up all your change. Put aside a few dollars each time you get paid. You'll get that fin in no time, and it'll feel much better because you did it on your own steam.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    We don't have Walmart in Australia, but a quick search https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=%20monofin indicates that they carry quite a few.
    Get a cheap monofin (any recommendations, mers?) and see if you are really into it, then save and fund raise for the expensive one.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merleece View Post
    We don't have Walmart in Australia, but a quick search https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=%20monofin indicates that they carry quite a few.
    Get a cheap monofin (any recommendations, mers?) and see if you are really into it, then save and fund raise for the expensive one.
    Eh, I think it's a better idea to save up a little and start out with a monofin that can be used in buyable tails. Then by the time you're ready to get a tail you don't have to save up for the monofin AND the tail. I got a Finis Foil as my first monofin, intending to practice and get a tail later. It's a great monofin but it turned out, there weren't any inexpensive fabric tails that would work with it so I had to save up extra for the monofin. Besides, I'm not sure if the super cheap monofins are high quality or particularly safe, so if you get something that didn't last long it's kind of a waste of money.

With that said, FinFun still sells their original monofin. It's a perfectly good fin and it's a lower price so if you're really that short on cash I'd recommend going for that.