Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goth/Nerd Pod

Goth/Nerd Pod

I figured there has to be at least a few other Mers who are either goth or nerds like me. I'd love for there to be a group of us, and hopefully at some point be able to do some things together!

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidamathiea View Post
    I figured there has to be at least a few other Mers who are either goth or nerds like me. I'd love for there to be a group of us, and hopefully at some point be able to do some things together!
    I'm a goth

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I go with a goth style sometimes, listen to some of the music too. I really want to put together a goth mermaid look sometime! I have a cool design idea for a silicone mermaid tail but I won't be able to afford one any time soon, so I'm keeping an eye on the fabric tail companies and hoping one of them will release a nice black tail. I'd kill for FinFun to make their Atlantis tails in black!

Follow Mermaid Ichthya On Twitter Add Mermaid Ichthya on Facebook Add Mermaid Ichthya on Google+ Add Mermaid Ichthya on Bebo Add Mermaid Ichthya on MySpace
    Add Mermaid Ichthya on Linkedin Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Tumblr Follow Mermaid Ichthya on Flickr Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Youtube Channel Visit Mermaid Ichthya's Vimeo Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    I go with a goth style sometimes, listen to some of the music too. I really want to put together a goth mermaid look sometime! I have a cool design idea for a silicone mermaid tail but I won't be able to afford one any time soon, so I'm keeping an eye on the fabric tail companies and hoping one of them will release a nice black tail. I'd kill for FinFun to make their Atlantis tails in black!
    I'm still trying to get a monofin first ^///^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    SAME! I wanted finfolks midnight magic mythic tail or their shipwrecked siren tail sooooo bad!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ichthya View Post
    I'm still trying to get a monofin first ^///^;

I had one but I lost it when I moved. So I need to get one again. I know Merrowfins has a basic silicone tail for $600 which I know is still expensive but it's a little cheaper thank other tail makers

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaidamathiea View Post
    SAME! I wanted finfolks midnight magic mythic tail or their shipwrecked siren tail sooooo bad!
    FinFolk tails are super cool! I really love the neoprene/silicone ones with the shiny resin scales, they aren't too expensive either. But I don't make a lot of money and I don't have many opportunities to go mermaiding at the moment so I can't justify buying more tails, and certainly not a three hundred dollar one. I waited quite a while before buying my inexpensive FinFun fabric tail, ha ha. At some point I'd like to spring for a FinFun Atlantis tail but it can wait. Which is just as well, it gives a chance for me to wait for more designs to be released. I may make another shot at making my own tail again at some point too.

When the TV show Siren premiered, the network did a promotion with FinFun where they gave away fabric tails designed after the ones in the show. More of a sea monster vibe than the usual brightly colored FinFun fare. Looked so cool, I wish they'd release those for sale!

In the meantime, I'd like to put together a gothic mermaid look with my Tidal Teal. It's bright blue but it has black detailing so I might be able to make it work.

I was in the process of making my own tail also but my cat broke my mold for the fluke and I didn't have the money to buy more supplies to fix/remake the mold

I’m not very goth but I’m definitely a nerd

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kristy View Post
    I’m not very goth but I’m definitely a nerd

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app
    Haha that's totally fine! I'm a HUGE nerd too

Hello! I'm a new mermaid but old school goth looking for more goth mermaid friends.
    It took me a while to find a darker tail that I really fell in love with but after some searching I found the Hydra Siren tails from SwimTails. I ordered the blue Siren tail but currently they have their skeleton and Halloween tails available if anyone is looking for an awesome fun spoopy tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    Hello! I'm a new mermaid but old school goth looking for more goth mermaid friends.
    It took me a while to find a darker tail that I really fell in love with but after some searching I found the Hydra Siren tails from SwimTails. I ordered the blue Siren tail but currently they have their skeleton and Halloween tails available if anyone is looking for an awesome fun spoopy tail.
    Their tails are awesome

I am also a Goth!! I also self-identify as a nerd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kali View Post
    I am also a Goth!! I also self-identify as a nerd.

haha same. I tend to get weird looks when I'm wearing my typical goth makeup and clothes....then have freaking mermaid leggings on

Apparently there is a term called seapunk now... I'm goth/seapunk hybrid.

I like neutral type or dark tails personally. But most 'dark' tails are not dark enough for me. I have a Goddess Gold mythic,which I love doing blackout lenses and all sorts of craziness for, and an Eternal Ember, which I've always thought of as bloodred.

Though I consider myself more geek than nerd. That's just a personal preference on the wordage.
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

I wanted the Midnight Magic mythic tail!!!

Senior Member RiverDragonKaringan's Avatar
    Add RiverDragonKaringan on Facebook
    Goth/Nerd Merdragon here

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDragonKaringan View Post
    Goth/Nerd Merdragon here

Yesssss

Wow there are so many more Goth mermaids than I thought!

I am a siren, mysterious and powerful, beautiful and deadly. I am made of magic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kali View Post
    Wow there are so many more Goth mermaids than I thought!

Yeah there's alot of us