Thread: Anyone with a FinTail Fusions tail?

Anyone with a FinTail Fusions tail?

Hi folks!

I am slightly looking for a tail that is a bit more professional. Since a full silicone might not be an option (money, storage, how much I will use it and so on), I am looking for alternatives. This looks very interesting, but I am curious about the wearing of the fabric, and more. So, my question is, is there anyone who already owns a FinTail Fusions, and what are the experiences? Specifically on:
    - How is the propulsion/drag?
    - How easy can you get the sleave on/off? (And how is the stretch by doing so?)
    - How is de wearing of the fabric with a lot of use?
    - How does the transition from fabric to fluke look? I am afraid you can clearly see where the fabric stops en the fluke begins. (Can imagine it depends on the colours you choose, so I mean with the fluke and sling having the same basic colour)

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Never heard of this FinTail Fusions tail. Is there a link or pictures?
    Formerly known as ireneho

This is their website. It looks very interesting to me.
    www.fintailfusions.com

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Ephyra View Post
    This is their website. It looks very interesting to me.
    www.fintailfusions.com
    Looks to be a very new company, (edit: according to their Facebook page, their first batch of tails was finished in July) so there may not be any people here who have one.

Edit: They have Instagram and Facebook pages. If you can't find someone here who has one of their tails I recommend keeping an eye on their social media pages to see photos and videos of the tails in action. Maybe that can give you a good idea of if it's the right tail for you. Hope it works out, I like the customization tool on their website.
    Last edited by Mermaid Delphinidae; 10-06-2018 at 11:06 PM.

It is a new company indeed. I was hoping there are mers here who backed up the kickstarter and can tell something about the tail. I know that mermaid Syphira has one, so maybe I'll contact her about it. The customization tool is indeed lovely, I have been playing around with it a lot already.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Last edited by Mermaid Ephyra; 10-07-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Ooo! They look nice!
    Formerly known as ireneho

So while I can't really answer your questions, I know the owner personally and I'm pretty familiar with her sewing work, and she's definitely meticulous and won't give you an inferior product. From what I have seen of her personal posts, they look like they swim and photograph nicely. I'll probably order one myself, next year after I've lost my baby weight.

That being said, I don't think she's been able to get a whole lot of tails out yet. Most of her Kickstarter backers are probably not here on Mernetwork, so IG and FB are definitely better bets in terms of finding someone who has one.

I don't remember where, but they have definitely shown their fluke design here on Mernetwork before.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I found a promo video.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

hmm, seems a bit pricey for a fabric tail, to be fair i could buy a silicone/neoprene hybrid for cheaper

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...-hybrid-mermai
    (referring to video in kickstarter campaign at around 0:41)

now lets look at the options in between BEEEEEEEEEE- ahem, I think you are forgetting about silicone/neoprene hybrid tails. Plus Mertailor already makes tails with silicone flukes and a fabric cover
    Last edited by user76213849809; 10-15-2018 at 09:05 AM.

Theirs are custom, remember. That ups the value compared to mertailor.