Thread: Anyone Alter Fin Fun Monofin?

Anyone Alter Fin Fun Monofin?

Hey guys! New swimmer here. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried to alter a FinFun monofin. I don't like the lack of stability the fabric top gives and it makes my feet cramp over time. I was toying around with the idea of glueing in rubber foot pockets from actual swim fins but wanted to hear what other people have tried before I jumped in (get it??? I'm the worst...). Thanks in advance!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I made three mods.
    First, I bent it, making an angled monofin. The bend is right at my toes. 20 to 30 degrees seems to work best. This helps, as I cannot point my toes that well.
    Next, I added a stiffening plate to the area where my feet are.
    Finally, I added an extra neoprene strap that helps hold my feet to monofin.

I have thought about adding foot pockets. But, the current neoprene cover helps pad the monofin, reducing wear on the fabric skin. If I added foot pockets, its not clear what I would do about the neoprene cover. Setting it aside would increase wear of the skin. I might be able to cut larger holes in it, but if I mis-cut, the cover will not stay in place, and slip off my heels.

Oh, the monofin is made from polypropylene, and is very non-sticky. Glue will be an issue. I would use stainless steel bolts.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

I use the Virtuosew monofin stabilizer!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook