Thread: Greetings from Finland :)

Greetings from Finland :)

Hiya and nice to meet you! I don't have a mername yet, so I figured I'd go by my more common online nickname for now.

I'm new to mermaiding, although I've been swimming with a monofin for a few years now. Looking back, I suppose I sort of did this sloooow slide into mermaid-y stuff, starting with preferring dolphin kick when I was a kid to learning scubadiving as a teen, then graduating from flippers into a monofin at about 20 years old. The idea of a mermaid was always at the back of it. ^^ A week or so ago I ordered a Finfolk Productions fabric tail online, and am anticipating the confused letter from the customs office in another few weeks. Import fees, hooray... xD

In the more mundane world I'm a marine biology major at university, hoping to get my MSc by Christmas (unlikely, but one can dream!). My other hobbies include the aforementioned scuba diving, playing the flute, gaming (mostly MMO's and Divinity Original Sin 2 right now, although I also have a project to do a full Witcher series playthrough next time I have some vacation), tabletop roleplaying (starting out as a D&D 5e DM) and a bunch of more seasonal and/or infrequent experiments like archery, drawing, knitting and spinning (as in the creation of yarn).

Looking forward to confusing people at my local pool in western Finland soon. ^^
    Last edited by Snowfaerie; 10-12-2018 at 08:03 AM. Reason: added details

Member Euro Pod
    welcome! ^^

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes The Magic Crafter's Avatar
    Follow The Magic Crafter On Twitter Add The Magic Crafter on Facebook Add The Magic Crafter on Google+
    Visit The Magic Crafter's Youtube Channel
    Welcome, SnowFaerie!
    I'm sure you'll find the perfect name that resonates with you in time. SnowFaerie is a lovely one though! ♥
    Which FinFolk tail did you go with? All are SO beautiful!

Hope you enjoy the sweetest of mermaid moments! ♥

HUGS!

Mermaid Phantom
    New YouTube Videos Every Week!!
    I can be found at www.TheMagicCrafter.com

This is my tail!
    ~*~ Please call me "Phantom!" ~*~

Thank you, Ocean and Phantom! And thank you for the compliment, too. Snowfaerie is such an old name for me, it comes with a lot of history attached, and the fae tend to have more of a forest / hill theme anyways. Usually friends just shorten it to Snow, though. I wonder if Snowfin would work... or something like Halla (Finnish for the kind of chill / frost that can damage plants during growth season). I dunno, I still like Snowfaerie too. xD

I went with a misprint Glaucus Atlanticus. Probably going to order more later, but one step at a time. ^^ (Also, some more saving up will be required.)

Also, I like your mermaiding videos on youtube, Phantom! Your tail is gorgeous.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes The Magic Crafter's Avatar
    Follow The Magic Crafter On Twitter Add The Magic Crafter on Facebook Add The Magic Crafter on Google+
    Visit The Magic Crafter's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowfaerie View Post
    Thank you, Ocean and Phantom! And thank you for the compliment, too. Snowfaerie is such an old name for me, it comes with a lot of history attached, and the fae tend to have more of a forest / hill theme anyways. Usually friends just shorten it to Snow, though. I wonder if Snowfin would work... or something like Halla (Finnish for the kind of chill / frost that can damage plants during growth season). I dunno, I still like Snowfaerie too. xD

I went with a misprint Glaucus Atlanticus. Probably going to order more later, but one step at a time. ^^ (Also, some more saving up will be required.)

Also, I like your mermaiding videos on youtube, Phantom! Your tail is gorgeous.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Thank you dear! My tail is my pride and joy! ♥ I think all of those names are as unique as they are beautiful! The more you swim and develop your mersona's personality, the easier it will be to finalize your name, I think! Oh wow... That is a truly gorgeous tail and VERY well suited for a winter-themed name! ♥

Good luck to you!
    New YouTube Videos Every Week!!
    I can be found at www.TheMagicCrafter.com

This is my tail!
    ~*~ Please call me "Phantom!" ~*~