Thread: Taking in a FinFolk tail

Junior Member Pod of The South Miss Sparkle's Avatar

Taking in a FinFolk tail

I am looking at the finfolk fabric tails and love them, but I was wondering if anyone has experience taking them in after purchasing if you end up losing weight. I had a baby recently and I don't want to order my old size in case I never get there again, but if I do lose the baby weight, I would like to know if I would be able to resize the tail if needed - and have it still look good.

I am an experienced sewer so I know I COULD, but I suppose my question is, has anyone resized theirs and it still looked good?

oooo, yes I resized mine because my body proportions are wayy out of shape. I ended up getting an XXL neverland tail and taking it in, however I did not need to take in the waist, which means I didn't have to take apart the waistband which made it so much easier. I do not have it with me currently but pretty much all I did is draw where I needed to take my tail in (this was all done on the inside of the tail), then folded it in half and made the tailors chalk transfer to the other side of the fabric to make it symmetrical. I then sewed a straight stitch and tried it on. I plan on overlocking it soon when I get the time. for the bit near the ankles I'm going to unpick the zipper and do the same thing. I don't know if it will work but so far its looking pretty good

Junior Member Pod of The South Miss Sparkle's Avatar
    Thank you! That really helps me make a decision.