Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails Fraud? Paid for a top and it never came

I'm getting super close to buying a tail from another store. Chances are, I'll order a tail from a reliable store and I'll get it and be able to enjoy while swimtails is still "working" on mine. Hello Mertailor black friday sales...
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

I received this message last week, no word since after enquiries. I'll give them to the end of this week otherwise I'll miss my deadline to get a refund with my bank.

"I apologize for the delay in response.
    We had recently experienced some production delays due to
    A key material shortage and or Customer Service Department has been overwhelmed with the response. We have acquired our needed materials and shipping begins within the next few days. Your order will be shipped and delivered before December 1st. Once it does, you will be notified with tracking info via email. Please let me know if you have any questions, and once again, I apologize for the delay.

Kind Regards
    Ryan"

I was told 16 days ago that shipments would start in a week, and that I was on the priority queue. I've tried twice to get an update, and I've heard back nothing.

This isn't a fabric issue... They owe us straight answers. As more and more customers run over their limit for a charge-back, they're going to find themselves not just facing upset customers, but customers making actual fraud charges.

The good will they've earned in the community has given them a lot more slack that most companies would have gotten, but even that is running out.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    It is so heartbreaking to hear that this is still going on. Swimtails was the one place I was saving up to buy a fabric tail from but my own disappointment is nothing compared to those of you who paid only to be ignored

Serious question here, what is everyone thinking they want to do if we don't get our tails? Like, do we all want to file a suit? I just want to hear thoughts and ideas from people on what we want to do.

If you are still in the window to charge back on your credit card, you should do that. It's not easy to get your money back with a lawsuit.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    I filed a bbb 5 days ago but i think its been too long for the credit card as the window was 4 to 6 weeks on my tail

I'll jump on a suit if one gets going.

I'm passed my money back date so a suit maybe a more and more real possibility for me. I will definitely keep you informed if this the route I'm going to take.
    There will be more power in numbers if we all join together on a suit.

I called my credit card and I'm still within the window, but missed the business hours. So I'll be calling tomorrow to request the charge-back.

As far as I'm concerned, swimtails is a dead company.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    For anyone who didn't know, swimtails has started processing refunds and teamed up with mertailor to offer discounts for his tails if people still really want to buy a tail. I know this whole thing has been a huge mess for both swimtails and anyone waiting in limbo over a tail. I've seen MANY companies go under in my decade here and while I know people are angry, there does seem to be a real effort to do what's right even though it's taking a long time. I've seen similar companies like fishbutts and mermagica just disappear without a trace, and people's money. So I'm glad to see swimtails is trying even though it's taking a while. Figured people could use this update, it was shared by a mermaid getting a refund, and I thought Eric's reply was really classy and worth a read too.

Hopefully they will respond to me finally!

Here's hoping! I don't want to sound dismissive of anyone's very real concerns. But I am hopeful this will work out

I got my money back and one of the Mertailor coupons.
    I really hope everyone's issues get worked out and all refunds go through.
    This isn't how we wanted this to end but it's better then what could have been.
    May everyone find their new tail.

Update;

I got a message a week ago that I was going to get a refund. It never showed up.

Someone else on FB got the same message, but it failed to clear for insufficient funds.

Do NOT order anything, the best sale in the world means nothing if you never get your product. =/

Swimtails Fraud? Paid for a top and it never came

Quote Originally Posted by digimer View Post
    Update;

I got a message a week ago that I was going to get a refund. It never showed up.

Someone else on FB got the same message, but it failed to clear for insufficient funds.

Do NOT order anything, the best sale in the world means nothing if you never get your product. =/
    If they’re going out of business how come they’re like posting new things on their website and stuff seems kind of confusing or they actually filling any orders or they just scamming you poor souls out of your money from way back in spring/summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by aurora85; 12-13-2018 at 12:23 PM.

I don't think anyone has confirmed they're going out of business, just that the latest orders are super backlogged due to supplier issues

I noticed that the website it excepting orders again.
    Did everybody get their refund?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Malla View Post
    I noticed that the website it excepting orders again.
    Did everybody get their refund?
    nope, people are still trying to get refunds (and a LOT of the refunds are being canceled because the source bank account has insufficient funds
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Quote Originally Posted by PhaylennMurúch View Post
    nope, people are still trying to get refunds (and a LOT of the refunds are being canceled because the source bank account has insufficient funds
    Omg poor people, they put there money down for a dream tail and got swindled !!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app