Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails Fraud? Paid for a top and it never came

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    But swimtails specifically has a business model where tails take around 6 weeks to complete.
    that must be a recent update because a lot of the complaints are from people who were told 14 business days

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    that must be a recent update because a lot of the complaints are from people who were told 14 business days
    Ugh, maybe they narrowed their window?

I really hope they figure this out. I don't think I would have started mermaiding if I hadn't found a tail that would fit me when I started.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

This is so sad, now I understand why I haven't received any responses to my queries about their siren tails Some of us can relate and those posts seem to have been made by someone who is distraught and emotionally shattered. It's the worst way to have your heart broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a reply from the female owner. There was no hack, the husband really did pull this stunt, and she's trying to clean up the mess. I wish her the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I got a reply from the female owner. There was no hack, the husband really did pull this stunt, and she's trying to clean up the mess. I wish her the best of luck.
    Thank you for the update. If you believe that she is genuinely trying to pick up the pieces, then I won't do the credit card charge back, not so long as she keeps giving reasonable updates.

I wish her the best, this has to be a rough time

Digimer

I can't speak to her more than the exchange, but it seems to me she's doing all she can she's just been handed a mess to fix.

Hi. I wanted buy a tail from swimtail. But i see is not possible actually. Isn'it ? Sorry i'm french. My english is not Perfect.

I would not order anything from Swimtails right now. If they start shipping back orders, and people start reporting that they've received their orders, then I might consider it. I would wait until the new year and see what people are saying.

Ok. I'm waiting. I hope we can make an order soon without problems
    French Mermaid tails maker for dolls. Old account Laureen French Mermaid

Uptdate: my top still hasn't come. I'll unhappily wait since vermont winters are long... but I've basically all but forgotten about my top and have given up hope it will ever come. The wait was updated to 6 weeks for tails but come on.. one measly little top takes 3 hours to cut and sew.

It irritates me that they're putting out new products still like all the Halloween special tails. They advertised it a lot in their instagram stories so it would appear that their company is still pumping things out but obviously they're not. I don't know I find it weird... like they usually make posts with happy customers in tails but I haven't seen a single new tail featured since this all began. They're trying to expand their business but not delivering?

The little sympathy I had because of the affair is evaporating... They probably know that most potential customers that are on mernetwork won't buy from them now so they were pretending they could get you a Halloween themed tail within October. Makes me laugh...

I'm six weeks in on an order that said 5~14 days. My patience in thin, but I'm giving them a little bit longer. If it's clear I won't have the tail in time for the holidays (early dec. for me), I'll give up waiting, too. I have empathy for a breaking up marriage, but that only goes so far in business.

This said, I do genuinely hope they turn things around. There's no question that their stuff is good.

I really wish they would make an announcement or something saying orders have stopped until further notice and that all current orders are being served in the order received. Like, don't let other people keep ordering and get their hopes up and let them get dragged into this hellish mess. And then with more and people getting dragged into this mess, more and more complaints will come in saying how swimtails is bad at business then they'll really be in trouble. Isolate and control the fire that is already burning and keep it from spreading.

...but that's just me.
    I know it must be a pain for the poor woman to deal with too, trying to sort this mess out. Still holding on to hope and checking on this thread daily. Keep holding in there everyone!
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

I just called the bank and they said they can’t force a refund on anything past a month (or was it 60 days?)... Either way, swimtails is asking you to wait until the golden hour for returns has passed before starting to get worried about whether it’s late or not. Don’t let this happen to you!! Get a refund before it’s too late!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I asked swimtails when i can buy. Because i want a tail. I received this answer today:

We are shipping our oldest orders this and next week we had a delay in our special fabric. You can place your order. We are havING a black Friday sale
    Last edited by Créatures de Lau'; 11-21-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Créatures de Lau' View Post
    I asked swimtails when i can buy. Because i want a tail. I received this answer today:

We are shipping our oldest orders this and next week we had a delay in our special fabric. You can place your order. We are havING a black Friday sale
    I would STRONGLY suggest not ordering anything. A lot of us have all but certainly lost money. This excuse about fabric is not true. If it was, they wouldn't have gone totally radio silent for so long.

Until and unless you start heading about lots of people getting tails, sending them money is a fool's errand.

Ok. I think i buy in other shop.
    Probably magictail.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Yeah don't buy here! I've been waiting for an email, pm, etc for 2 months since the last "fabric delay" message and nothing. Their phone doesn't let you leave messages but hangs up on you when the beep should kick in for the recruiting!

Im devastated. This killed my desire to mermaid. It may not mean a lot to some people but this tail was to be the culmination of my overcoming my chronic pain and illness to embrace life and accept i can still be happy. And now this tail represents nothing but betrayal failure and the shitty nature of the human race.

I had a really awesome friend donate most of the money so i could get this tail in the first place so its not just my disappointment alone either. Family and friends keep asking when its coming bc they knew how excited i was.

Back to wishing i could do anything fun with my pathetic body. #feelingheartbreak

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Submitted a bbb request, we will see what happens

They're ignoring me again, and to rub salt into the wound, they emailed me two "Black Friday" sale emails.

NOT impressed.