Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails Fraud? Paid for a top and it never came

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Omg poor people, they put there money down for a dream tail and got swindled !!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Really sad seeing that happen to Swimtails!

I don't think 'swindled' is the right word though, there has to be an intent to cheat customers which probably doesn't apply here.

That said, they can't pay back or fill orders. Let's hope something changes for the better soon!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    at this point they should go bankrupt and refund everyone.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Something seems to have changed for the better. I received this in my Swimtails newsletter.

"
    Over the past 4 years we have had the honor to serve over 60,000 customers with our All Amercian-Made Swimtails. As our business has grown, we have sought to continuously scale our production to meet the rising demand. In early December we closed our Cart and invested time into evaluating and fixing our production line so that we can continue to offer a great Amercian-Made Product, shipped quickly to our customers across the globe.

We are very happy to report that our Cart has Re-Opened and we are now shipping product faster than ever!"

Furthermore

In addition to our new more-streamlined process, we have partnered with Mahina to offer New Mermaid Tail + Monofin combinations for All Ages, Including Kids Sizes for the First Time Ever!

I am sceptical. I would love to hear that they have returned to form, but I won't be risking my money for a while.

Had there been any actual word on what happened? On why they kept blaming things on fabric when it was clearly something much more? What has been done to ensure customers won't be left for months with their money tied up?
    Last edited by digimer; 01-02-2019 at 01:41 AM.

Add Kwilena on Google+
    You know what I know.

I am shocked they're doing kids tails. Mahina had to go on a big thing due to some liability issues to get tail makers to stop making kids tails using her monofins. I wonder what changed.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I am shocked they're doing kids tails. Mahina had to go on a big thing due to some liability issues to get tail makers to stop making kids tails using her monofins. I wonder what changed.
    Nothing's changed on Mahina's side. From what I read on her website, she'll never offer full tails with her monofins to children. The most "tail" they'll get, is leggings, so kids can kick out their feet and swim naturally to safety.
    Formerly known as ireneho

but she had an agreement with swimtails that they wouldn't do children's tails with her fins, hence my asking what changed

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Has anyone received their refunds yet? Or tails?
    I've noticed Swimtails are being very active on their social media, announcing new tails and giveaways but wondered where other mers orders where at...?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Naiadele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moomer View Post
    Has anyone received their refunds yet? Or tails?
    I've noticed Swimtails are being very active on their social media, announcing new tails and giveaways but wondered where other mers orders where at...?

I'm still waiting on my refund. Ryan told me that they would "reprocess the refunds" to those who hadn't got them yet and we should get them by the 4th of Jan. That didn't happen but he won't do anything more until 10 business days is up

It genuinely angers me that they're talking orders before all previous customers have been made whole. Like, very very angry.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I'm back in the waiting game... My bank got to me after weve waiting for our money back and said there is nothing they can do on their end and it is Swimtails responsibility to refund the money. (at least my bank tried)
    As of 8 hours ago Swimtails issued an apology letter via Instagram. I messaged a couple other mers on Insta just to keep in contact with each other. If they where having production issues they should have gave us all a letter saying they would'nt be able to start production again till February or what ever and then they should have closed down the shop until further notice.
    What makes me angry is that I'm reading some of these Insta comments of people defending the company and actively buying their tails again AND swimtails is responding to their comments but not the comments of us who are asking seriously questions about where our money is.

I'm winterborn_wendigo on insta if anyone wants to friend me and keep in contact on there as well.
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    I'm back in the waiting game... My bank got to me after weve waiting for our money back and said there is nothing they can do on their end and it is Swimtails responsibility to refund the money. (at least my bank tried)
    As of 8 hours ago Swimtails issued an apology letter via Instagram. I messaged a couple other mers on Insta just to keep in contact with each other. If they where having production issues they should have gave us all a letter saying they would'nt be able to start production again till February or what ever and then they should have closed down the shop until further notice.
    What makes me angry is that I'm reading some of these Insta comments of people defending the company and actively buying their tails again AND swimtails is responding to their comments but not the comments of us who are asking seriously questions about where our money is.

I'm winterborn_wendigo on insta if anyone wants to friend me and keep in contact on there as well.
    Yeah I commented about how we will forgive them when we have all seen our tails/refunds and they messaged me saying all refunds have been paid out and everyone is happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah... I had my bank go through my records and they found no history of any refund transaction from Swimtails. They'll be getting yet another email from me.
    Like why would they not have records of who've they have and have not refunded? Maybe I'm just being paranoid but there's so many fishy details to this fiasco.
    "Beware, Beware the Daughter of the Sea. Beware... Beware of ...Me"

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Thanks for the clarification everyone.
    I was a little happy when I saw they were active again, but I'm staying well away from them if people still don't have their money or tails.
    Here's to hoping for a good outcome for everyone!

Did a video on them
    https://youtu.be/qHeQf_nejF0

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Just coding it so it shows up easier!

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post

Just coding it so it shows up easier!
    Thank you

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube

Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdmaid Faith View Post
    Did a video on them
    https://youtu.be/qHeQf_nejF0

@Nerdmaid Faith super work on the video. Would you be able to clarify, as you were speaking so quickly, which fabric tailmakers you're recommending in it? I didn't quite catch the name/s?

Interesting. My husband and I bought the Sea Serpent Pro and the Sunrise Pro (with a top for me) mid last year when the Australian Government was changing taxes (for the worse) on items entering Australia. I asked them to expedite the shipping and production to avoid the increased fees coming in at the end of the financial year. They did a great job and were very responsive all the way through the process so I was very shocked at all of this kerfuffle.

We love our Pros. The Mahinas were were able to get locally so that might have been a help shipping wise. Such a difference powerwise to the2tails!

I 100% reccomend Shop Vancouver Mermaid!

Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube