Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swimtails Fraud? Paid for a top and it never came

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdmaid Faith View Post
    I 100% reccomend Shop Vancouver Mermaid!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Thank you, I'll have a look.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Im being bombarded with swimtails emails for promotions and new products despite never getting my refund for $430...still...

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    i am assuming the refund account was emptied, so the new sales will likely replenish the exhausted monies so they can continue.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    I know people are still waiting on tails and refunds from last year...anyone know if they're actively filling newer orders or should I just not try to order?

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I know people are still waiting on tails and refunds from last year...anyone know if they're actively filling newer orders or should I just not try to order?
    Yes I've heard they are doing orders again. Last time I heard someome just had it shipped so we shall hear soon I guess.

Also I got my refund back from my bank. Not Swimtails. I don't care if they are doing orders again and if they get a rep back. No way am I ordering from them. I'm too traumatised.

Not taking paypal is a big killer for me too...if something happens, I know I'd be screwed

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I'd like to obtain one of these to review but I don't think I can justify buying one

I’m selling a Swimtails Betta Tail if anyone is interested btw!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I'd like to obtain one of these to review but I don't think I can justify buying one
    Same here. I don't want to give them any of my sand dollars

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Well I decided to give them another shot. My Swimtails story was around a year ago this June, I ordered their electric dream pro tail and after waiting around 4 months and after several back and forth messages they asked if I would rather have one of their already finished Beta tails since mine still hadn't gotten finished. I was rather excited by this offer due to the price difference of around $150 dollars. So I excepted and it was shipped and received that month. I love the Beta tail, but it's for more slow swimming. I decided to give them another go since they said their company was doing some changes to make itself better, so I ordered their Moon Mermaid tail for the Mahina on Jan. 16th 2019. I just received it today Feb. 11 2019 and it's AMAZING! The colors and fabric are rich and thick. The only draw back I've found is it's rather difficult getting the Mahina in, so be careful and gentle. Haven't swam in it yet but already making plans. So it took about a month, but that's way better than 4. Hopefully this means Swimtails has a brighter future in the mercommunity. They do seem to have a better system and are coming out with so many beautiful designs like the Whale Shark and Mackerel.
    Last edited by Mermaid Avalynn; 02-13-2019 at 08:09 AM.

I've been quite critical, and skeptical, about them in this thread. Do let me say that I am very happy to hear this story. I would love nothing more than to hear that they've returned to form.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Avalynn View Post
    Well I decided to give them another shot. My Swimtails story was around a year ago this June I ordered their electric dream pro tail and after waiting around 4 months and after several back and forth messages they asked if I would rather have one of their already finished Beta tails since mine still hadn't gotten finished. I was rather excited by this offer due to the price difference of around $150 dollars. So I excepted and it was shipped and received that month. I love the Beta tail, but it's for more slow swimming. I decided to give them another go since they said their company was doing some changes to make itself better, so I ordered their Moon Mermaid tail for the Mahina on Jan. 16th 2019. I just received it today Feb. 11 2019 and it's AMAZING! The colors and fabric are rich and thick. The only draw back I've found is it's rather difficult getting the Mahina in, so be careful and gentle. Haven't swam in it yet but already making plans. So it took about a month, but that's way better than 4. Hopefully this means Swimtails has a brighter future in the mercommunity. They do seem to have a better system and are coming out with so many beautiful designs like the Whale Shark and Mackerel.
    Thanks for sharing- this gives me hope. Once I hear/see a few others getting their tails I may take the leap of faith and order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by aurora85 View Post
    Thanks for sharing- this gives me hope. Once I hear/see a few others getting their tails I may take the leap of faith and order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same here. They have a lot of lake/darker designs that are very appealing and rare in a world of tropical/bright mers. If they accepted paypal I would be a looot more comfortable ordering sooner rather than later.

I hope Swimtails does better. They do have great designs and I have been eyeing their bass concept tail. I would be more on board if they accepted paypal. Let hope they have a bright future and grow

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I just gotta know if it's worth the price like that's so much money especially for those of us not US.

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Naiadele's Avatar
    I’m still waiting for my refund *sigh* when I talked to my bank they said they couldn’t reverse the payment on their end, have other people managed this because I might try again and push a bit harder, I don’t see me getting it from Swimtails..
    To be fair to Swimtails it seems like it might be their merchant processor Stripe that is causing the trouble with the refunds, Ryan copied me into correspondence with them trying to sort it out and they made this ridiculous excuse that it had actually been done as a reversal and no money had changed hands because the refund happened so soon after the payment. Which is so obviously not true because I paid for the order in September and they didn’t start refunding people until December! And the money is clearly gone from my account! I was pretty shocked that they would try to say that..
    So yea I wouldn’t recommend giving them your money unless you have a way of getting it back like PayPal..

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I've tried for a 4th time and now have 3 people ccd on this latest response so maybe, MAYBE I'll get it THIS time???
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Junior Member Pod of Oceania Naiadele's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    I've tried for a 4th time and now have 3 people ccd on this latest response so maybe, MAYBE I'll get it THIS time???
    Ah so I’m not alone then That sucks so much, I read your story on the Betta tails thread and it makes me so mad that they can do this! How far away is your wedding?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

It depends on when my fiance gets his new job. He took a few months off to clear his head but he's getting callbacks already ^_^ hes cherry picking the best ones so it will take a few weeks i imagine.

After that we will be scheduling it out. We were hoping late march/april around my bday ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

So update on the whole Swimtails front. I'm not sure just how new of a development this is but it looks like their website has undergone a pretty impressive overhaul; especially on the mobile front. It also appears that they're taking paypal again! Maybe they really are trying to fix things now.