Thread: Why Did You Choose Your Tail?

Why Did You Choose Your Tail?

I want to know why other Mers got the tail they did.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    honestly at the time it was the design i liked best on swimtails' website. normally i'm not a huge fan of the color pink, but for some reason the combo with blue with hints of purple caught my attention. it was aptly called 'cotton candy' as that's what it reminded me of. interestingly, the pattern varies a bit per tail which feels like that makes them unique. there was a femme presenting teen on youtube with a cotton candy tail, but their tail had horizontal stripes of blue, whereas mine are vertical.

the design has drastically changed now, which kind of drives home the unique feeling to me since the original pattern was retired.

i guess if i really think about it, it's helping me get closer to my chosen deity.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I got my first Sea Monster Tail from suntails because the colors matched my eyes and generally fit me. I got the Fiji Red color next because I liked the red color and I wanted something brighter, but it had a warmer color than Bali Blush, which my eyes and skin are a warmer color. I’m waiting on my newest tail, the Oracle from Finfolk, which I chose because it has a pretty blue-green that really caught my attention and the name really attracted me. Overall, I choose my tail colors based on how I imagine they’d look on me, kinda like you take into consideration how certain colors of clothes look better on you than others.

I choose colors based off of how i like them. I don’t really need to choose how they look on me because I’m Blonde with blue eyes, so everything matches.

I decided to get a mythic from Finfolk after swimming in my friend’s tail. I loved the way it swam, and loved the more realistic look of the individual scales as opposed to printed scales. I had also swam in her Finfolk fabric tail but the plastic casing for the monofin scraped up the top of my ankles pretty badly. Did not have any monofin issues with the mythic. I chose the goddess gold because I thought the gold scales were the prettiest, and went well with my skin tone. I originally was going to get a fabric tail and get neoprene socks to deal with the scraping issue but then my husband was just like “treat yo self”.

My first tail was a Lunar Tide mermaid tail and Monofin Pro from Fin Fun. I love the galaxy pattern and the sparkly finish. I also find our tails extremely comfortable. I have tried on fabric mermaid tails from several other companies and prefer Fin Fun's because they are soft and made from quality material. I, like many other mermaids, was concerned about holes in my tail tips and love the reinforced tail tips that prevents holes and tears. I work for Fin Fun, so I get to spend a lot of time around beautiful mermaid tails and have loved our new AMP (Advanced Monofin Pro) that helps me get the propulsion in the water that makes mermaid swimming unforgettable!
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    I want to know why other Mers got the tail they did.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Im still waiting on my first tail but i picked out a Swimtails betta! I usually don't like pink but i was looking at what colors really pop in the water and since i blotch in red (vampires look awful in most bright colors) i picked the next best thing :P

I was going to get a more basic swimtails model but my friend found out and convinced me to get my dream tail despite the price tag.

I really liked the realism and details of the betta design and the way they looked in the water.

Hopefully i didn't bite off more than i can chew from mer peer pressure HAHA