Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pearland (it's in the Houston area) meetup

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar

Pearland (it's in the Houston area) meetup

The Pearland Natatorium is an indoor pool that allows mermaid tails. I just went today and it was nice, it would be a great place for a meetup. The swimming lanes get to about 7 feet deep, which gives some room for practicing tricks. They also have a shallow pool with a little waterslide for kids, they have diving boards, and wibits. (though both of these were closed when I went today because it's the last Sunday of the month) Because it's indoors, it's open all year round, no matter the weather. Adult day pass is $8.

What days do you guys think would be good for a Pearland meetup? I'm free most weekends.

Junior Member Pod of Texas secretsandswimming's Avatar
    Follow secretsandswimming On Twitter Add secretsandswimming on Facebook Add secretsandswimming on Google+ Add secretsandswimming on Bebo Add secretsandswimming on MySpace
    Add secretsandswimming on Linkedin Follow secretsandswimming on Tumblr Follow secretsandswimming on Flickr Visit secretsandswimming's Youtube Channel Visit secretsandswimming's Vimeo Channel
    I would love to meet up! I live in the River Oaks area to it might be a bit of a drive but it sounds fun! My only problem is that I'm 13 and my parents are waaaaay over protective

Quote Originally Posted by secretsandswimming View Post
    I would love to meet up! I live in the River Oaks area to it might be a bit of a drive but it sounds fun! My only problem is that I'm 13 and my parents are waaaaay over protective
    That sucks. It is an indoor pool with lifeguards and stuff, maybe you'll be able to convince them.

Follow secretsandswimming On Twitter Add secretsandswimming on Facebook Add secretsandswimming on Google+ Add secretsandswimming on Bebo Add secretsandswimming on MySpace
    Add secretsandswimming on Linkedin Follow secretsandswimming on Tumblr Follow secretsandswimming on Flickr Visit secretsandswimming's Youtube Channel Visit secretsandswimming's Vimeo Channel
    No it's not the pool, it's me hanging out with strangers. Maybe I can bring a friend along, since we both got new tails and need to review them for our YouTube Channel, and I can say that it's the only pool open in the area that allows tails. Also, is the pool concrete or tile?
    -Mermaid Caroline

No it's not the pool, it's me hanging out with strangers. Maybe I can bring a friend along, since we both got new tails and need to review them for our YouTube Channel, and I can say that it's the only pool open in the area that allows tails. Also, is the pool concrete or tile?
    It's concrete, but it does get deep so you should be able to swim without your tail scraping the bottom.

I get why they'd be concerned with you meeting strangers from the internet at 13. Point out that you'll be in a busy public building with a lot of staff members. Also, people who work at pools and water parks are often trained to keep an eye out for and respond to sketchy behaviors, so if someone becomes a problem, a staff member will be able to handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Delphinidae View Post
    It's concrete, but it does get deep so you should be able to swim without your tail scraping the bottom.

I get why they'd be concerned with you meeting strangers from the internet at 13. Point out that you'll be in a busy public building with a lot of staff members. Also, people who work at pools and water parks are often trained to keep an eye out for and respond to sketchy behaviors, so if someone becomes a problem, a staff member will be able to handle it.
    That sounds great! Once me and my friends new tails arrive (mine should come on tuesday but hers will probably arrive in the next few weeks) we could arrange a meetup with other Texas mermaids. I also have a few more friends who have tails but I doubt that they would want to come.
    -Mermaid Caroline

That sounds great! Once me and my friends new tails arrive (mine should come on tuesday but hers will probably arrive in the next few weeks) we could arrange a meetup with other Texas mermaids. I also have a few more friends who have tails but I doubt that they would want to come.
    Whatever date gets picked will probably be a month off, maybe more. Not many people are gonna be available on shorter notice.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar

Why don't you see if your parents would want to join you? That way they could meet the people you would be swimming with and get a better idea of what mers are like. I'm sure you're thinking it's embaressing or whatever, but including them may be a good way to get them to let you go to future meets.

Edit to add, a lot of furries your age do this with our local meets, and it goes over really well. Of course, the two ocmmunities are not on par with each other but I want to note this is a good idea.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 03-26-2018 at 01:30 PM.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Ashton's Avatar
    Add Ashton on Facebook Add Ashton on Google+
    Follow Ashton on Tumblr Visit Ashton's Youtube Channel
    Post this on the Pod of Texas FB, I think it would be great and others that do not use MerNetwork can join in toooooo
    Follow me on INSTAGRAM @
    Creations and fun things: Ashton.Designs

TailsAndTiaras.com

Does anyone know when they might be available for a meetup? April weekends are gonna be busy for me so I'd personally prefer May. I just want to decide on a date soon.

Update: My friend and I were planning on going to the Pearland Nat. to test out our new tails to review for a YouTube video, and thank got we called ahead, bc turns out they changed their policy and no longer allow mermaid tails. We called around to a bunch of different pools, and the only one that we could find within a 30 minute drive (I live in the River Oaks area) was the Briar Club pool. The only problem is that my friend is a member and not me, so it's not like we can have a meetup there. If anyone knows of any other good pools, hit me up!
    -Mermaid Caroline

Update: My friend and I were planning on going to the Pearland Nat. to test out our new tails to review for a YouTube video, and thank got we called ahead, bc turns out they changed their policy and no longer allow mermaid tails. We called around to a bunch of different pools, and the only one that we could find within a 30 minute drive (I live in the River Oaks area) was the Briar Club pool. The only problem is that my friend is a member and not me, so it's not like we can have a meetup there. If anyone knows of any other good pools, hit me up!
    Ugh, seriously? That sucks.

Senior Member Pod of Texas
    Pod of The South
    In the general area of Webster and Clear Lake in Texas
    There’s an indoor pool in the clear lake area that allows them, as the local scuba classes are held there. I don’t know whether anyone would want to drive all that way, though.

I can do a carpool and pick up one or two people if need be and advance notice is given

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Pickles View Post
    There’s an indoor pool in the clear lake area that allows them, as the local scuba classes are held there. I don’t know whether anyone would want to drive all that way, though.

I can do a carpool and pick up one or two people if need be and advance notice is given
    Oh, really? I live in the Clear Lake area myself so I could manage that. Which pool is it?

Pod of The South
    Williams indoor pool.

how about the 6th or 7th

Pod of The South
    Which month?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    If I can get my new tail finished in time I'll try to swing by! If not, I'm definitely down for future meets.

Also, I had no clue there was a Texas Pod FB page. Looks like I'm off to hunt it down, haha

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Hello Pearland mers! We have just got to do a get together soon!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Hey y’all I created a Houston Texas Merfolk pod Facebook page for people who want to connect via Facebook from in and around the city !!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4752...262/?ref=share

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app