Thread: Edel, French new mermaid

Edel, French new mermaid

Hi everyone!

I am Edel and I am starting mermaiding. Little Mermaid, from Disney, has always been one of my favorite films, ans when I discovered mermaiding last year, I thought that I needed to do it!

So I am starting mermaiding and suscribing here to improve myself

Then I have a few questions (I will look for answers in the website, but maybe some people could help me)
    - what do you thing is more usefull between freediving classes and monofin swimming classes? (I think the best would be both but I can only attend one)
    - which monofin would you advice to start with? I have already orderd one very cheap on Amazon which looks like the Finfun monofin but I am wondering if it was a good choice. Besides, is there monofin where you don't see heels when wearing a tail? (not sure if you understand my question)

So... now, let's finish my introducing... I like dancing (I have practiced ballroom, and I practice ATS and indian dance), singing, and LARP (and guess what? One of the characther I play is a mermaid ).

Looking forward to read you guys!

Every fabric tails have heels poking out. You can’t do anything about that.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

And it's different with silicone ones?

Welcome Edel! <3 Hope you have a great time here!

I would say freediving, a freediving course amplifies your breath hold technique, very useful for a mermaid. It also focuses more on safety, imo.

It depends. Do you want to use the monofin in a mermaid tail later on? Do you already have your eye on a certain mermaid tail?

I personally do not recommend the Finfun! The blade is too weak, it provides almost no propulsion, which is not safe and no fun! I recommend Finis Shooter, So Dive Hydra/Triton, Waterway DoZo, Waterway Mermaid, Mermaid Linden monofin,

Hi Liara,

Thank you for your answer!

Concerning tail, yes, if I buy a new fin, I'd like to be able to use it in a tail later. For now I just have the Finfun-like monofin and a fabric tail but yeah, I feel like with or without the monofin, it's quite the same ^^'
    I don't really know monofins. I have heard of Mahina but they can huert feets. And I wonder if best solution wouldn't be to buy a monofin and shape it to use with the tail.

I will keep an eye on the monofins you recommended me. Thanks a lot!