Thread: A german merman in training dives in~

A german merman in training dives in~

Hello everyone. I'm pleased to finally made the decision to make an account here and can't wait to meet all sorts of interesting people here!

A bit about myself:
    I'm from germany, 27 years old and male. Since I was young I loved swimming, was in a club and everything and wanted nothing more but doing it for the rest of my life. Well, then puberty came, then adulthood, and it all got a bit washed up with the stress of everyday life and becoming an adult an all that. And well, now I had some time to breathe, look out of the huge amount of murky water that became my life and I'm trying to find a new course, trying to do what I really want.
    And that includes my still strong, rediscovered passion about swimming, diving and merfolk!
    I don't own a tail yet, but I really want to get one (probably buying one since I'm not good with crafting stuff) some day when I'm a bit more in shape and fit into some tight fabrics xD.
    Besides swimming and freediving, my hobbies include roleplaying (pen and paper and online), video games (pc and switch), writing and occasionally I try to draw stuff.
    I love Orcas and my biggest dream would be having a tail with the color pattern of an orca (like my name implies :3).

Well, all that is left to say is, that I can't wait to talk to you people and would love to find a few that share my interests and maybe share some experiences and guidance to becoming a full fledged orca-merfolk. <3

Maybe this is what you are looking for:
    https://www.finfunmermaid.com/orca-mermaid-tail

You can search the web for others but I had this one in memory.

Yeah I have seen this tail, but when I would want one, I would try making it looking a bit less...artificial. I mean, not being mean or anything but the pattern looks really unnatural.
    But thanks for the hint, anyway :3

Magictail (DE) and FinFun (US) offer you to design your own tail and they print it for you (please note that this means it is more expensive). Then you should get exactly the pattern you want. Please also note that it must fit into their template.

Yeah, but I'll need to save up for it first...and get into shape. Want to have a tail that fits, and still fits in a few months xD

Member Euro Pod
    welcome!

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Welcome! Always nice to see other mermen. Are you more from the north or from the south?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I am from NRW, near Düsseldorf :3 So pretty much in the middle and to the west~

Quote Originally Posted by The Pool Orca View Post
    I am from NRW, near Düsseldorf :3 So pretty much in the middle and to the west~
    Ah, ok. More or less with the Dive4Life at your doorstep... I am from LowerSaxony, near Hannover.

I just googled it.
    Not really at my doorstep, since I don't have a car but...woah. That looks beautiful! I have to go there someday, maybe even taking a few courses in freediving :3

I just googled it.
    Not really at my doorstep, since I don't have a car but...woah. That looks beautiful! I have to go there someday, maybe even taking a few courses in freediving :3
    It is! Perfect for freediving, although often a little too crowded for a tail.

So they're ok with mermaid-tails being used in there, too? PERFECT. Now I'll only need to buy a tail xD

So they're ok with mermaid-tails being used in there, too? PERFECT. Now I'll only need to buy a tail xD
    As long as you don' t interfere with the other users and adhere to the freediving safety rules they seem to be ok with that. Have already seen mers in there, and brought my first fabric tail a couple of years ago, and no one stopped me. But you definitely have to be a certified freediver.
    Usually I don't bring neither my monofin nor my tail, but only because, as I said, it can get quite crowded, especially in winter.

Hmmmh I surely have to do my freediving certificate some day... Another thing to add to my checklist xD (Well it already was on my checklist of things to do and to buy, but now it slipped into the high priority part :3)
    I certainly need to go there, with or without mermaid tail or monofin. It just looks marvelous...

This looks awesome - would like to see it too but it is too far away from me (the mediterranean sea is closer), would like to try my sidemount for scuba diving .