Hey guys!

I'm currently in the midst of my latest tail project. I recently got myself the black Fantasea Fin from Mertailor (it's so beautifully floppy) and the Black Pearl sling to go with it. I got the sling to test the monofin out, and because it matched and while I do love the colour and look of it, I can't help but feel the urge to.... BEDAZZLE. What I'm planning is to make the sling for dry use only by decking it out with sequins from Cartwright's and get myself a wet tail skin for swimming.
(Moon Kelp fabric fin, I seeee you)

Currently, these are the sequins we're workin' with:

Sorry for the quality but at the top I have Satin Pearl, Glossy Black and Aztec Gold (I am sooo in love with this one) and then at the bottom for detailing I have more Satin Pearl, Cabana Blue and what I think is Sunglow? It's a lemony yellow with a green shine to it, I just don't have the packaging anymore.

As far as design, I want the monofin to speak for itself, it's silicone, sparkly and floppy as heck. With the body I'm torn for ideas. I'm stuck between going with a clown fish or a koi betta sort of look. So far this is what I have:

I'm also trying to decide if I should use fabric paint to cover most of where the sling sit over the monofin so I'm not popping off scales every time I'm taking the its on and off, OR if I should cut the bottom of it and then install a Velcro piece or snaps to make getting in and out of it easier? would there be too much pull on that part when I move?

What are everyone's thoughts?