Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NC Mer-Mania 3

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    We had so much to manage for event clean up on our own that the box accidentally got left behind and we took a box home of decorations instead

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

My word, that behaviour isn't poor leadership. It's outright malice, and I'm glad you got them back in the end.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Add firebelle on Facebook
    Visit firebelle's Youtube Channel
    Dan! You have my support and the support of many professional performers. I would be overjoyed to bring my workshops, seminars, and of course the rest of my Champagne Mermaids to any event that you are planning!

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    I wrote this, deleted it, and wrote it again.

No, I call anyone who blindly sides with you to the point of insulting others a fanboi. You're the critical and dismissive one. I hurt no one.
    Being thrown under the bus. Yeah, I know it well. Looked in a mirror, lately?
    GAC could not accommodate our growth. I stated as much on numerous occasions. The fact that you had completely planned the next gathering before we even had the space to run it was not my fault.
    Stop being so hypercritical of people when they are simply trying to move along and get on with their lives. Concentrate on your own life and California (and I suppose Texas, now). Can't that be enough to make you happy? Or are you unable to be happy until you have made everyone else unhappy?

I have had enough unhappiness. I have had enough drama. That's why I rarely come to MN anymore.
    Enjoy your cons. Let me enjoy mine.
    Dan, as the organizer of an event, you need to watch how you speak of others and how you interact with the community. I've mostly lurked over the last two years, but even I know that Raina is well known and well trusted in this community. As someone who has studied PR, there's a way you need to interact with the community when you represent a brand, and from reading the posts in the mermania thread (from YOU, and you alone), I would be wary and hesitant to attend any of your events. Ignoring members of the community is not smart. A simple, "We don't have confirmation of specific details, but we'll be able to give you a bit more information after winter!" would have been much more professional, rather than another member having to copy+paste a conversation from you. Calling concerned PROSPECTIVE guests "Negative Nellies and their rabid fanbois " is seen by countless people who (like me) have simply lurked up until now and silently watched how you seemed to handle things.

I know getting everything ready for a convention is tough and there's a lot of planning involved. But you really need to watch your public image, because it's much harder to repair an initially bad first impression than it is to start off with a professional one.

A shame this is my first post, but I feel it needs to be said since you don't seem to realize how bad you look when you reply like this. Take it to PM and hash out your issues there. Not in public, when you're the face of a convention. For your sake.

Also, please hire a social media manager. Your website seems to be broken and twitter shouldn't be empty, given how often it's used and how much traffic it can generate for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikigai View Post
    Dan, as the organizer of an event, you need to watch how you speak of others and how you interact with the community. I've mostly lurked over the last two years, but even I know that Raina is well known and well trusted in this community. As someone who has studied PR, there's a way you need to interact with the community when you represent a brand, and from reading the posts in the mermania thread (from YOU, and you alone), I would be wary and hesitant to attend any of your events. Ignoring members of the community is not smart. A simple, "We don't have confirmation of specific details, but we'll be able to give you a bit more information after winter!" would have been much more professional, rather than another member having to copy+paste a conversation from you. Calling concerned PROSPECTIVE guests "Negative Nellies and their rabid fanbois " is seen by countless people who (like me) have simply lurked up until now and silently watched how you seemed to handle things.

I know getting everything ready for a convention is tough and there's a lot of planning involved. But you really need to watch your public image, because it's much harder to repair an initially bad first impression than it is to start off with a professional one.

A shame this is my first post, but I feel it needs to be said since you don't seem to realize how bad you look when you reply like this. Take it to PM and hash out your issues there. Not in public, when you're the face of a convention. For your sake.

Also, please hire a social media manager. Your website seems to be broken and twitter shouldn't be empty, given how often it's used and how much traffic it can generate for you.

thank you for the vote of confidence although it was a team effort with my Lulu from NC I do hope it comes through for i'v been looking forward to the ncmania 3 too

I'm hoping I'll be able to attend. This will be my first, all the way from Upstate New York. I received my tail in 2016 and still haven't had a chance to swim in it. What would you advise I take on the trip besides the tail? I guess I'd be taking a bus there.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Mark your calendars! NC Mer-Mania will return to Greensboro on August 16-18 in 2019!

Details to follow in the coming weeks regarding ticketing, hotel information, and more!
    So are you going to tell people you canceled the event after advertising it here?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    So are you going to tell people you canceled the event after advertising it here?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    Dang that's a shame -- this is the first I've heard in a LONG time, and the mers on Facebook who've already registered aren't hearing anything. I guess the problems of 2018 still haven't been solved.

Whoever organised this needs to put the shovel down and contact their banks, if they want to still have any kind of reputation after this.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000