Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NC Mer-Mania 3

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar

NC Mer-Mania 3

Mark your calendars! NC Mer-Mania will return to Greensboro on August 16-18 in 2019!

Details to follow in the coming weeks regarding ticketing, hotel information, and more!
    (Formerly known as Æolius)

Quote Originally Posted by Merman Dan View Post
    Mark your calendars! NC Mer-Mania will return to Greensboro on August 16-18 in 2019!

Details to follow in the coming weeks regarding ticketing, hotel information, and more!
    Awesome! I'll see if I can make it.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

who's the team? what hotel? how much of the GAC? Do you have sponsors? How are you managing a convention in 9 months? Isn't August generally a super busy month for most mers?
    Take the wave now and know that you're free
    Turn your back on the land face the sea
    Face the wind now so wild and so strong
    When you think of me
    Wave to me and send me a song

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    Given that it's mid Jan and the complete radio silence in answering legit questions from Nov... I take it this is not happening?

How much are tickets?

Is there any info out yet I’ve already book a hotel and flights to go

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirenea View Post
    Is there any info out yet I’ve already book a hotel and flights to go
    From the chat box today on the Mernetwork full site:

New [03-03, 21:57] Merman Dan:Slim, I am doing my best. I will meet with our host pool next week, which is their best for telling me we'd me "some time after Thanksgiving". Once I sign the contract I will feel so much better and will hammer this HARD! I know it's short notice but we
    New [03-03, 21:58] Merman Dan:couldn't have January anymore so I am working with what they gave me.
    New [03-03, 21:58] Merman Dan:It'll be different. It'll be new. But it'll be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

It’ll be nice and hopefully it happens.

Survivor of cyberbullies

Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

New [03-03, 21:57] Merman Dan:Slim, I am doing my best. I will meet with our host pool next week, which is their best for telling me we'd me "some time after Thanksgiving". Once I sign the contract I will feel so much better and will hammer this HARD! I know it's short notice but we
    New [03-03, 21:58] Merman Dan:couldn't have January anymore so I am working with what they gave me.
    New [03-03, 21:58] Merman Dan:It'll be different. It'll be new. But it'll be fun!

Thank you! I didn’t want to seem like a bother to Merman Dan

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post

Someone tell Dan to get Cookie to organize it. She seems to have no problem putting together GAC events from her home in Harlem NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    Someone tell Dan to get Cookie to organize it. She seems to have no problem putting together GAC events from her home in Harlem NYC.
    seriously, just collaborate with Cookie at this point. Her second year in a row organizing a gathering remotely. She seems to have no issue with booking the GAC

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    seriously, just collaborate with Cookie at this point. Her second year in a row organizing a gathering remotely. She seems to have no issue with booking the GAC
    I appreciate the rampant spread of misinformation as much as anyone but GAC is in Greensboro. TAC is in Cary. Two different venues with two very different business models. TAC allows anyone to "rent" lanes in their shallower pool. GAC does not. Whether that changes when GAC opens their 4th pool in June remains to be seen. At any rate, GAC reserved August 16-18 for us and assured me the contract would be ready "after Thanksgiving". Well, "After Thanksgiving arrives this Friday, at last! I didn't feel comfortable sharing hotel info and ticketing information until I physically signed the contract, so now things can proceed as planned!

Sorry I haven't posted here in awhile. With so many Negative Nellies and their rabid fanbois around here lambasting anything I have to say I have kept pretty much to FB, where most of those folks have me gloriously blocked from their drama.

You call anyone critical of your dismissive behavior a fanboi. Have you ever considered you've actually just hurt and upset a lot of people? Personal accountability for ones owns actions goes a long way instead of repeatedly throwing others under the bus, when it comes to regaining community trust

I wrote this, deleted it, and wrote it again.

You call anyone critical of your dismissive behavior a fanboi. Have you ever considered you've actually just hurt and upset a lot of people? Personal accountability for ones owns actions goes a long way instead of repeatedly throwing others under the bus, when it comes to regaining community trust
    No, I call anyone who blindly sides with you to the point of insulting others a fanboi. You're the critical and dismissive one. I hurt no one.
    Being thrown under the bus. Yeah, I know it well. Looked in a mirror, lately?
    GAC could not accommodate our growth. I stated as much on numerous occasions. The fact that you had completely planned the next gathering before we even had the space to run it was not my fault.
    Stop being so hypercritical of people when they are simply trying to move along and get on with their lives. Concentrate on your own life and California (and I suppose Texas, now). Can't that be enough to make you happy? Or are you unable to be happy until you have made everyone else unhappy?

I have had enough unhappiness. I have had enough drama. That's why I rarely come to MN anymore.
    Enjoy your cons. Let me enjoy mine.

Sure thing dismissive Dan. Was that somewhere in the 6 months of never replying to your staff? Re-write history bro.

Did ya hear that, folks who are genuinely interested in the event but getting nervous cuz of the lack of info? Apparently you don't have independent thoughts. All just my sheep. Lol. Nice to meet you!!

If people get two different venue confused, let it be. People are human. The community especially on Facebook is manipulative and backstabbing. The Mernetwork at least doesn’t allowed post to be deleted which is why it’s consider drama to some....because it forces accountability and can’t be stop with a block. The negative nellies and rabid fanbois comment just appeared to be bait for those to comment back. Regardless ignore the past and prove the haters what can be if you’re sure it can happen.

The community could really use a convention. Regardless who makes it happen, that person would be the hero.

Survivor of cyberbullies

I will also add that this community seems to forget who the drama makers are once they see something they like.

Survivor of cyberbullies

No one cares if he does a con or not or a gathering etc. It's the continued behaviour that upsets people. He wants people to move on but continues to try and pass the buck on why the event didn't continue and shade others with comments like the fanbois. As if there werent 500 people who came and have made their opinions about what went down - no no it must be mindless sheep who just listen to me. Listen to what? My complaint that you ignored us for months which I have already proven with screen shots? He started a thread here, and people got rightfully concerned by the lack of communication. Rather than address it (because lack of communication has always been his issue- it's why his staff left) he once again just blames everyone else. He wants me to move on and be happy which I have tried to do, while he continues to blast me. This man had my release forms for my film. And rather than send me my legal documents that I owned and had paid for, he posted photos of the box next to a fire pit and sent it to a bunch of our mutual friends as some kind of backwards blackmail/threat just a few months ago. (I eventually got them after he upset a lot of people with that stunt)

There are many events now and people have their pick. The Cookie comment was merely pointing out how she, with her very limited resources and living in another state, has still successfully been able to organize several large meetups now without excuses. So she went to the TAC. That was something Dan's own staff got a quote on and tried to bring to Dan during his months of not reading messages/replying when he was "waiting for the GAC" (something also not communicated to us until long after the fact). He'd know if he bothered to check his messages or emails.

It has been 2 years and people in Dan personal life STILL email me. STILL. Because they can't get ahold of Dan. People from the GAC have emailed me because they haven't heard from him.

Don't try to sit here and blame "fanbois" for your inability to communicate Dan. Take some personal responsibility that this is a real issue for you that you have struggled with with everything. Commit. If you're going to run your event, answer people. Regardless of if it's a con or a meetup. Communicating with people is part of the deal. Don't be surprised when people get upset on your lack of information.

This man had my release forms for my film. And rather than send me my legal documents that I owned and had paid for, he posted photos of the box next to a fire pit and sent it to a bunch of our mutual friends as some kind of backwards blackmail/threat just a few months ago. (I eventually got them after he upset a lot of people with that stunt)
    That's REALLY screwed up. How'd he come to have them in the first place, if you don't mind me asking?

As the Jewish song 'Dayenu' puts it, if that alone had been done, that alone would have been enough.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000