Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    woop woop finally up thanks to Sean's hard work! My review of my Mertailor Fantasea 3

For anyone interested here's a montage of my experiences in the Fantasea 3! I have a review on this on my channel, but sometimes it's nice to just see the swim without commentary and judge for yourself. Very fast monofin! Showing it in ocean, fresh, and pool water.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    I ordered the new Patina tail when he posted it back in June. It should be shipping any day now (at least according to the 5-6 weeks that it said when I ordered). I'm so freakin excited! After all of the health issues and hospital stays I've had lately, I'm really looking forward to something new and pretty in my life!

I finally got my 3 and I gotta say, I feel like people tend to overstate the propulsion on the Fantasea fins in their reviews. Especially since the Finis Foil gets a lot of flack for not having enough propulsion. The foil was the first monofin I've ever had and I used it in my finfolk fabric. A lot of people asked me "how can you even swim like that?" because the finfolk tails have a lot of drag and the foil is so small.

But my fantasea 3 feels about the same as a finfolk fabric with a foil, and that's without one of mertailor's tail skins. It's something I'm willing to get used to because I'd like to have a silicone tail one day, but I was expecting more of a kick with all of the praise it's been getting.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Really? Im surprised! I would rate the 1 and 2 on par with foil. The 3 really gave me a lot of push but for me I am a really floaty mermaid, and the 3 sinks more, so I think the fact it evens out my buoyancy is part of why I feel there's so much more push- because usually I deal with more drag due to my float. I think a person's personal buoyancy plays a role in the amount of push/drag a person has too. For me the 3 was like night and day compared with a foil or even the 1 or 2. Especially when I used them in the ocean.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I finally got my 3 and I gotta say, I feel like people tend to overstate the propulsion on the Fantasea fins in their reviews. Especially since the Finis Foil gets a lot of flack for not having enough propulsion. The foil was the first monofin I've ever had and I used it in my finfolk fabric. A lot of people asked me "how can you even swim like that?" because the finfolk tails have a lot of drag and the foil is so small.

But my fantasea 3 feels about the same as a finfolk fabric with a foil, and that's without one of mertailor's tail skins. It's something I'm willing to get used to because I'd like to have a silicone tail one day, but I was expecting more of a kick with all of the praise it's been getting.
    To be fair the site does say it isn't for 'speed demons' but I am very satisfied with the Fantasea's power compared to other fins I have tried (FF, Mahina, Suntails, so not much). Drag gets worse with the more accessory fins you add ( or if you wear a rashguard when you're outside like me). I have a tail with side fins and the drag compared to a normal tail is very noticable BUT if I adjust the way I swim and know I am not
    going to go zooming around then I am ok. I do notice drag easily tho, I hate the feeling of struggling to move forward.

I feel like for these tails you have to sacrifice some speed for the stunning art and natural movements of Eric's tail which I am very ok with.