Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who have any of his fabric tails.

I made a video of learning to swim in mine. I love how easy the fabric is to use. Feel free to share your pics, videos, and stories.

I have a Guppy but my next one will definitely be a whimsy.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod lynsea's Avatar
    Raina, what do you think of the propulsion? I love how flowy the fluke is but it doesn't seem to give much force behind it. Every time you kick, the ends just collapse.
    “I must be a mermaid, Rango. I have no fear of depths and a great fear of shallow living.”
    Anaïs Nin

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Fin is pretty but there seems to be zero propulsion. She's using her arms more and kicking harder in some scenes. I love doing zoomies but this fin doesn't look like it allows that. Maybe in the next version or so, it will be better for merfolk that like to swim fast.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I'm actually a bit surprised at how little propulsion it seems to have. I have a Spellbound, which has a similar (but not the same) molded silicone monofin. It has quite good propulsion.
    At a FinFun sponsored swim meet, I had a chance to swim with both my Spellbound and my FinFun (yes, they let me bring and use my silicone tail). I have modified the FinFun. I added a extra strap to better hold my feet to the fin insert and reinforced the insert under my feet to reduce flex. This helped improve its propulsion.
    The Spellbound was still better.
    In the video, Raina's Fantasea flows in a very similar manner to my Spellbound, but looks a bit more flexible.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Hey folks, I haven't had a time to write a review BUT You shouldn't decide the fin's ability based on me. I STRUGGLE IN FABRIC TAILS. Because I float so badly. I NEVER get propulsion in ANY monofin (except a competitor) without weight. With fabric I can really only zoom if I have a weight belt, and in silicone I rely on the silicone to sink me, and in videos where you see me moving fast? I either have a competitor or weights in the tail. lol

I def would say the monofin is not as dense as the fins in the tails and for me denser= better. But for my personal experience, I'd say this is still on par with me using a foil or the finis luna.

I am even worse in the finfolk tail lol which has a foil monofin in it. Fabric just = a floaty me.

I actually made a video showing what it's like for me with a weight belt I just haven't had time to edit it. And you'll see, I move drastically better with a weight belt lol. It's hard to move forward if you're constantly fighting to stay under

There's a mermaid on instagram who posts a lot of videos in her fantasy fin + tail of the same kind. She has a much easier time sinking and if you look at her I think you'll be surprised the difference. She zooms

https://www.instagram.com/p/BprzhIQhu9X/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4NtyflREO/

See the difference?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Raina, how much weight do you like to use? How much makes you neutral? 5 pounds makes me neutral.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

it takes me 7lbs in a bathing suit I am not even kidding you lol. I need 12-15 in a tail depending. I have 2 led soft weights that are 5lbs I put in the back of my tail, and I usually drop a 2lb one down into to fin, sometimes 2.

That cheryl walsh shoot I did in the finfolk mythic with the neoprene + scales? I needed 14lbs and even then I needed to let out air to sink.

Sometimes when I can get my body fat below 30% I can sink a little easier, but this is why I am saying people should not judge based on me. In my silicone tail with no weights if I stop swimming, my head and shoulder will be out of the water from floating if I just "stand". This is some weird genetic trait I inherited from my mom. lol The two of us can float on our backs and have our heads fully out of water and people can hang on to us and we don't sink. LOL

I mean come on folks you didn't think that booty was natural did you? That's 10lbs of led.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I thought I'd start a thread for those of us who have any of his fabric tails.

I made a video of learning to swim in mine. I love how easy the fabric is to use. Feel free to share your pics, videos, and stories.

I'm thinking of buying one of his fabric tails, so thank you for this Raina!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

I really like the convenience of it honestly. Nice for a quick and easy swim!

Here’s me on vacation in my Guppy tail.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

cuuuute!

Here's my unboxing video that I streamed live tonight in Raina the Mermaid's Sea Fans I LOVE THIS TAIL SPOILER ALERT

Going for a test swim tomorrow!

Does anyone has multiples of the different Fabric tails they offer? I'd love to see a comparison video of the different fabric tails to better understand the differences. Or if anyone has a Finfolk tail and a Mertailer fabric tail I'd love to see a review/comparison of the two. It would be super helpful and wonderful.
    Is the Neoprene tail thick as the Finfolk neoprene tail?

working on all that stuff just haven't had a chance to film each tail!

Junior Member Pod of Cali Seairah's Avatar
    I’m probably going to have to buy the Whimsy skin first and then save up for the Fantasy Too fin. In the meantime - does anyone know if the Mahina fits? I bought one on a whim without a plan for a tail for it to go into. And with all of the trouble that Swimtails has been having lately I don’t even want to go there. Plus - I love the Whimsy soooo much more!!

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    ​Seairah

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    i highly doubt the mahina would fit since the skins are made for the fantasea monofin.

one of the skin slings, maybe.
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I can confirm from seeing them in person that the Mahina is bigger than the fantasea fluke. You really do have to get the correct monofin for these tails.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com