Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    no it does not

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    been seriously considering getting one of the whimsy tails, how are they measurement wise? i sort of recall raina saying they run big but i don't want to order the wrong size once i have the funds available.

based on my current measurements i'd be an xs. would that work or would i need to size down to xxs?
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I would size down, yes one of my mermaids is usually a XS as well and needed a XXS

My custom fabrics are done!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    they look so pretty!

and thanks for the sizing tip
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I'm a bit of a curvy mermaid have have only found one maker that makes tails my size. I was wondering if anyone knew how much these stretch? I've heard a girl that's about a 2xl fit into a xl tail. But want to get a second opinion before saving so much for one.

they def stretch. I have put multiple plus size mers in my size M. and I size down to a S and Im never a S lol

I measure XL on the list and my first whimsy I orderd XL, but my new one is size L and it fits so much better, I'm not pulling it up as much either. I'm a uk size 20. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSerpentessLeviatha View Post
    I'm a bit of a curvy mermaid have have only found one maker that makes tails my size. I was wondering if anyone knew how much these stretch? I've heard a girl that's about a 2xl fit into a xl tail. But want to get a second opinion before saving so much for one.
    Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

I measure 7 inches larger than the biggest measurement, is the tails stretchy enough? I'm having such a hard time finding makers other than one and love the look of the whimsy tails.

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I measure XL on the list and my first whimsy I orderd XL, but my new one is size L and it fits so much better, I'm not pulling it up as much either. I'm a uk size 20. Hope this helps

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/xThuW1eGfUur5t9ug0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>via GIPHY

I measure 7 inches larger than the biggest measurement, is the tails stretchy enough? I'm having such a hard time finding makers other than one and love the look of the whimsy tails.
    I recently ordered mine, and I followed Mermaid Raina's youtube videos talking about the tails. I would usually get an XL myself in a lot of things, but bought the L because of the way the tails are made. And that's the "Too" tail, I think the sizing is different between the original and the "Too". I'd say if you are unsure of the fit go find someone selling an XL whimsy tail first before you buy one from mertailors site, or find someone nearby you that has a tail you can quickly try on, that way if it fits a little big or just too snug you aren't paying the full price for something you are unable to wear comfortably.

Here's a link to Raina's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HFXmermaid She's got some unboxing and review videos on almost all of the tail types, and she talks about the sizing and how they fit on her (these are also some of the videos at the beginning of this thread)

Another person who also talks about some of the Mertailor tails is Mermaid Seamstress, so I'm going to drop her channel here too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6M...FGas2nVfTQY6wg
    Last edited by Finnesota_Mermaid; Today at 01:02 AM.

This material is mega stretchy, I think you'll be ok with it however is there anyone you know has 1 so you can try it?