Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

Junior Member Euro Pod
    Thanks for all the info in this thread - am currently looking at getting a mertailor tail or two, so found the thread very useful .

I'm thinking of getting a fantasea tail/fantasea fin, and I was just wondering, does it make much difference what coloured fin you get to go in the tail? (Just wondering if I should try and get one that matches with the pattern of the tail, or if it's not really visible?)

I'm also thinking of getting a guppy tail to go with a linden monofin as well, and I've noticed that my favourite pattern ('sea gem') is available as a guppy tail and a fantasea tail. From reading above, it sounds like you can't swap the fins between the tails, so now I'm torn between if I should get sea gem for both, or just one and a different pattern for the other - to many choices!

I'm trying to figure out my sizing for a whimsy tail because I have weird dimensions. I've heard they have crazy stretch. 34" waist (this is above my bellybutton but I'm 5'3 so everything ends up hitting me here), 50" hip, 40" foot to waist (to the 34" area). No clue what size to get. I've never bought a scuba knit tail, please help! Thank you lovely merpeople <3
    ~Vixie~

So I got the pixie lagoon tail and was able to take it for a swim. I was expecting drag from all the extra fins but I didn't feel anything so that was cool. The tail almost goes invisible in the water though if you're swimming in a pool at dusk when it's also overcast.

Quote Originally Posted by seavixie View Post
    I'm trying to figure out my sizing for a whimsy tail because I have weird dimensions. I've heard they have crazy stretch. 34" waist (this is above my bellybutton but I'm 5'3 so everything ends up hitting me here), 50" hip, 40" foot to waist (to the 34" area). No clue what size to get. I've never bought a scuba knit tail, please help! Thank you lovely merpeople <3
    I'd send an email to the mertailor team and see what they suggest. I know if you size up having tails taken into a seamstress is usually pretty affordable, but these tails also have a lot of stretch so it's hard to say if that's even necessary.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Just reminding folks I have a 10% off discount if you didn't know, for fabric products. RAINA10. I got some pics of ma new tails here...

Copper Mint

Lionfish

The new monofin:

Custom tail:

custom

Deep Sea Betta

A bunch