Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
I finally got my 3 and I gotta say, I feel like people tend to overstate the propulsion on the Fantasea fins in their reviews. Especially since the Finis Foil gets a lot of flack for not having enough propulsion. The foil was the first monofin I've ever had and I used it in my finfolk fabric. A lot of people asked me "how can you even swim like that?" because the finfolk tails have a lot of drag and the foil is so small.

But my fantasea 3 feels about the same as a finfolk fabric with a foil, and that's without one of mertailor's tail skins. It's something I'm willing to get used to because I'd like to have a silicone tail one day, but I was expecting more of a kick with all of the praise it's been getting.
To be fair the site does say it isn't for 'speed demons' but I am very satisfied with the Fantasea's power compared to other fins I have tried (FF, Mahina, Suntails, so not much). Drag gets worse with the more accessory fins you add ( or if you wear a rashguard when you're outside like me). I have a tail with side fins and the drag compared to a normal tail is very noticable BUT if I adjust the way I swim and know I am not
going to go zooming around then I am ok. I do notice drag easily tho, I hate the feeling of struggling to move forward.

I feel like for these tails you have to sacrifice some speed for the stunning art and natural movements of Eric's tail which I am very ok with.