Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 119

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

  1. #21
    Junior Member Pod of Cali Seairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I can confirm from seeing them in person that the Mahina is bigger than the fantasea fluke. You really do have to get the correct monofin for these tails.
    Alrighty then. Thank you for the replies!



    Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    ​Seairah

  2. #22
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,560
    I got the new fnatasy too fin. I like it much better. In this video you can see the first few kicks or so it takes me a few tries to really understand how it moves, and then you can pretty much see the second my brain clicks and I start zooming.

    I am working on a review, along with comparison videos too. So this is just some b-roll footage of me swimming without any commentary. But it is my fav monofin I have ever worn. I still don't sink great but I sink better because it's heavier.


  3. #23
    Junior Member Pod of Cali Seairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I got the new fnatasy too fin. I like it much better. In this video you can see the first few kicks or so it takes me a few tries to really understand how it moves, and then you can pretty much see the second my brain clicks and I start zooming.

    I am working on a review, along with comparison videos too. So this is just some b-roll footage of me swimming without any commentary. But it is my fav monofin I have ever worn. I still don't sink great but I sink better because it's heavier.

    Beautiful tail! I have seen you swim in many tails, but this one certainly looks like it takes a lot of effort to use. I’m looking forward to your review. It will certainly help my decision.


    Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    ​Seairah

  4. #24
    Anyone try painting and decorating their fabric tails?? I just got one and had the thought of "this would look cool if I did this!" with adding certain colors to it ♡♡ TIA♡♡

    Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

  5. #25
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,560
    I'm not sure if paint would work on this kind of stretchy fabric but you could certainly embellish it

  6. #26
    Junior Member Pod of The South Nixie Noele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    South/ Central Florida
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by MissLunaBelle View Post
    Anyone try painting and decorating their fabric tails?? I just got one and had the thought of "this would look cool if I did this!" with adding certain colors to it ♡♡ TIA♡♡

    Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    I've seen a few people doing scale tipping on the FinFolk fabric tails with fabric paints..https://www.instagram.com/p/BhJEc7ih...=14aslg8tlinp2

    Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    I have loved the stars too fondly,
    To be fearful of the Night.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixie Noele View Post
    I've seen a few people doing scale tipping on the FinFolk fabric tails with fabric paints..https://www.instagram.com/p/BhJEc7ih...=14aslg8tlinp2

    Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    it's not the same material at all though, I own both!

  8. #28
    Junior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    14
    I think it’s likely possible but you would need to find just the right pigment.

  9. #29
    Junior Member Pod of The South MerFae Angel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    10
    I have the Key Largo sling and the Medusa's Revenge in a full fabric. I also have a Fin Fun Atlantis. I float like crazy so i totally get you, Raina. I can just lay on the water and I struggle to keep my booty down lol. I am trying to get some good pics made but it has been a struggle for me to get anyone to help with that. I am hoping to get that done very soon and I will gladly post pictures.
    "Just Because I'm a Fresh Water Mer Does Not Imply I Can't be Salty!" The Mermaid Fae

  10. #30
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,560

  11. #31
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    854
    I bought the electric teal whimsy tail this morning. Does anyone have pix of it?



  12. #32
    Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Wa state usa
    Posts
    205
    Ooh exciting! When is it coming!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

    User formerly known as derBears

  13. #33
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post
    Ooh exciting! When is it coming!
    They said, The typical ship time for fins is 10-15 business days and 3-4 weeks on Whimsy skins. Your order will ship as soon as both items are complete.

    So end of the month unless they end up being faster.



  14. #34
    Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Location
    Wa state usa
    Posts
    205
    And i thought i was going to die of excitement waiting until valentines!!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

    User formerly known as derBears

  15. #35
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    I bought the electric teal whimsy tail this morning. Does anyone have pix of it?

    This is the only one I can find so far...
    http://picdeer.com/media/1972810097664729995_1163990792



  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    This is the only one I can find so far...
    http://picdeer.com/media/1972810097664729995_1163990792
    I have not seen any pics of that one. Which is sad because it looks gorgeous.

  17. #37
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    I have not seen any pics of that one. Which is sad because it looks gorgeous.
    Once it comes in I'll do pix and a youtube vid. Doesn't seem to be a lot of videos on Mertailor's Whimsy tails that don't use the Fantasea Too fin



  18. #38
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    854
    As promised here is my electric teal whimsy tail. Finding pix of newer tails like this is easy if you join the Mertailor pod on FB. The scales fade towards the waist to give it a blended waistline look. These tails you have to appreciate in person as well as pix. The scales are 3d and pop irl too. It's like you can reach out and feel the texture.the rough edges of the scales, instead of the smooth rounded edges some tails have, is a great addition to the realism.




  19. #39
    It looks great! And I will have to check out the fb pod

  20. #40
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    854
    I swam in it today and all I have to say is it beat my expectations in every way. Compared to my Mahina, Finfun, and Suntail this is a phenominal monofin. The ease of use, comfort, and speed is amazing. I would go into more details but...it's got to be experienced for itself, tbh.



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •