Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

You're welcome
    Mermaid Mikayla

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    The Too is 17 lbs. I think the Fantasea is 8 or so. The Too is HUGE when you lay the Fantasea on top. I used my friend's a few times and compared to my Fantasea I am not a fan of the size or weight. But her Too which is the same size as mine, fits my feet a lot looser so if it fit well, I might feel differently. After carrying both fins on land for a while, the weight is really not a huge deal. For me it is mostly the size and weight in water. It will make you sink too.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Meshy's Avatar
    Add Meshy on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    it takes me 7lbs in a bathing suit I am not even kidding you lol. I need 12-15 in a tail depending. I have 2 led soft weights that are 5lbs I put in the back of my tail, and I usually drop a 2lb one down into to fin, sometimes 2.

That cheryl walsh shoot I did in the finfolk mythic with the neoprene + scales? I needed 14lbs and even then I needed to let out air to sink.

Sometimes when I can get my body fat below 30% I can sink a little easier, but this is why I am saying people should not judge based on me. In my silicone tail with no weights if I stop swimming, my head and shoulder will be out of the water from floating if I just "stand". This is some weird genetic trait I inherited from my mom. lol The two of us can float on our backs and have our heads fully out of water and people can hang on to us and we don't sink. LOL
    Ok, so I'm glad I found this even though I don't personally have one of these tails... I'm glad I'm not the only one who's super freaking floaty!

If I take a deep breath and hold, I can keep my shoulders out of water. Letting all the air out, my chin barely goes under.

My daughter is 22 lbs, with her and her wet puddle jumper floaty device, she can't sink me if she's on my back and I'm giving her a ride...

I joke that I can't sink to save my life. There would have to be handles at the bottom of the pool for me to be able to stay under. Literally it's impossible for me to stay under. I plan to get a weight belt and decorating it, but I'm not getting one until I have my tail and know how much weight I'll need. (Merbella frog tail lady )

So thank you for letting me know I'm not a freak that I cannot sink. (Cuz every pool mermaid meetup I've been to... everyone else can!!)

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I'll have to try that. I'm not kidding when I was doing my mermaid lesson Saturday gone, i was on my back and had to scoot as she called it lol, scoot along the water just using my hands and even then the right side of my body is more buoyant than the left. I was like really this is just insane. I'm gonna have to work harder.

AniaR it's my ass that floats first lol. So picture this, you go down and dolphin kick along the bottom and slowly your ass starts floating up. Your hands and feet are still at the bottom but ass up. I e d up looking like the two sides of a triangle and no bottom part hahah xx

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    that's me too

Hey does anyone have any traveling ideas for fantasea too mono fin? I am heading to Magstock next month and taking my tail to swim in. During it I will be camping so I am trying to figure out a bag situation or something to make it easier to carry to the pool or lake.
    Name:  vGTQtjv.jpg
Views: 881
Size:  68.9 KB

Got some new pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    Hey does anyone have any traveling ideas for fantasea too mono fin? I am heading to Magstock next month and taking my tail to swim in. During it I will be camping so I am trying to figure out a bag situation or something to make it easier to carry to the pool or lake.
    Me and my friend fold up ours and use a beach wagon to lug them around.

You can try a duffle bag. Just roll it uo to fit and wrap or fold the body?

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post

"She felt a sarcastic impulse to point out to him that in some circles "inhuman" would be considered a compliment..."

- Waking Storms, Sarah Porter

So how about that fantasea 3 fin, guys? I ordered one.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    So how about that fantasea 3 fin, guys? I ordered one.
    Me too. I'm so excited. I got these. Which colour did you go for Name:  20190605_090720.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  103.7 KBName:  20190604_100752.jpg
Views: 660
Size:  49.3 KB

I ordered the lighter blue one, and went ahead and bought Courtney Mermaid's tailmaking book. His new tailskins are pretty but I want to try my hand at designing my own, and I'd rather it be printed on neoprene than spandex.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I desperately want the rainbow shock tail, and am torn between it, or getting a silicone skin for the Fantasea.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk