Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Mertailor Fabric Tails Thread

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    no it does not

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    been seriously considering getting one of the whimsy tails, how are they measurement wise? i sort of recall raina saying they run big but i don't want to order the wrong size once i have the funds available.

based on my current measurements i'd be an xs. would that work or would i need to size down to xxs?
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I would size down, yes one of my mermaids is usually a XS as well and needed a XXS

My custom fabrics are done!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    they look so pretty!

and thanks for the sizing tip
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

I'm a bit of a curvy mermaid have have only found one maker that makes tails my size. I was wondering if anyone knew how much these stretch? I've heard a girl that's about a 2xl fit into a xl tail. But want to get a second opinion before saving so much for one.

they def stretch. I have put multiple plus size mers in my size M. and I size down to a S and Im never a S lol

I measure XL on the list and my first whimsy I orderd XL, but my new one is size L and it fits so much better, I'm not pulling it up as much either. I'm a uk size 20. Hope this helps
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaSerpentessLeviatha View Post
    I'm a bit of a curvy mermaid have have only found one maker that makes tails my size. I was wondering if anyone knew how much these stretch? I've heard a girl that's about a 2xl fit into a xl tail. But want to get a second opinion before saving so much for one.
    Sent from my SM-G960F using MerNetwork mobile app

I measure 7 inches larger than the biggest measurement, is the tails stretchy enough? I'm having such a hard time finding makers other than one and love the look of the whimsy tails.

Quote Originally Posted by the.tattooed.mermaid78 View Post
    I measure XL on the list and my first whimsy I orderd XL, but my new one is size L and it fits so much better, I'm not pulling it up as much either. I'm a uk size 20. Hope this helps

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/xThuW1eGfUur5t9ug0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="480"></iframe>via GIPHY

I measure 7 inches larger than the biggest measurement, is the tails stretchy enough? I'm having such a hard time finding makers other than one and love the look of the whimsy tails.
    I recently ordered mine, and I followed Mermaid Raina's youtube videos talking about the tails. I would usually get an XL myself in a lot of things, but bought the L because of the way the tails are made. And that's the "Too" tail, I think the sizing is different between the original and the "Too". I'd say if you are unsure of the fit go find someone selling an XL whimsy tail first before you buy one from mertailors site, or find someone nearby you that has a tail you can quickly try on, that way if it fits a little big or just too snug you aren't paying the full price for something you are unable to wear comfortably.

Here's a link to Raina's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/HFXmermaid She's got some unboxing and review videos on almost all of the tail types, and she talks about the sizing and how they fit on her (these are also some of the videos at the beginning of this thread)

Another person who also talks about some of the Mertailor tails is Mermaid Seamstress, so I'm going to drop her channel here too: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6M...FGas2nVfTQY6wg
    Last edited by Finnesota_Mermaid; 02-25-2020 at 12:02 AM.

This material is mega stretchy, I think you'll be ok with it however is there anyone you know has 1 so you can try it?

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Trade Winds has a Guppy question! I was watching this video and her fluke gets devestated after one swim. Has anyone else had this problem? I am also curious if the Linden wears out the fabric more, such as around the tips or the heel area around the buckles. Reminds me of the issues people have with certain fins in Finfolk or the Mahina in Swimtails.

https://youtu.be/9fDfdX5WnXo

Due to... Recent events I've only been swimming with my guppy tail a few times, but it's still in good condition. I don't see any damage, personally. Like I said though, I didn't get to swim in it as much as I wanted before everything closed down

Quote Originally Posted by Ofalltheworlds View Post
    Due to... Recent events I've only been swimming with my guppy tail a few times, but it's still in good condition. I don't see any damage, personally. Like I said though, I didn't get to swim in it as much as I wanted before everything closed down
    I bought one anyway (the Mahi). I do take great care of my tails but they also get abused at the local lake. I'm more careful at pools. My Whimsy and Fantasea skins are doing just fine, so I'm assuming the Guppy will as well. My main concern is if the Linden will stress the fabric. We'll find out in about a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Trade Winds has a Guppy question! I was watching this video and her fluke gets devestated after one swim. Has anyone else had this problem? I am also curious if the Linden wears out the fabric more, such as around the tips or the heel area around the buckles. Reminds me of the issues people have with certain fins in Finfolk or the Mahina in Swimtails.

https://youtu.be/9fDfdX5WnXo
    My Mahi shipped yesterday, so I'll update the thread if I have issues. I don't really expect to since my other tails are just fine.

Can anyone tell me the weight and size of parcel the fantasies fin 1 or 3 ship in?

Trying to figure out what my reshipper would cost, cause $190USD shipping is a bit much at the moment, would make the cost of the fantasea 3 almost $800NZD with current exchange rates

Sent from my CPH1875 using MerNetwork mobile app

You can check the weight on the individual monofin pages. The original is like 8lbs and the 3is probably close to 20.

Sent from my SM-J737T using MerNetwork mobile app

I'm ready to purchase a Whimsy 3 skin + F3 fin. My waist is 35 and my hips are 39. Should I get a small or a medium?? From what I've read here, I'm thinking small, but I really don't like things to be too tight, especially around my waist. Although too loose would obviously be a problem too. I plan to mostly use it for swimming/underwater movement.

How about the fin 3 sizing? Does it run large/small?

Thanks very much!
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… - Emerson

>{

www.facebook.com/
    TheModernMermaid

http://sirenizeme.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MerGrrl View Post
    I'm ready to purchase a Whimsy 3 skin + F3 fin. My waist is 35 and my hips are 39. Should I get a small or a medium?? From what I've read here, I'm thinking small, but I really don't like things to be too tight, especially around my waist. Although too loose would obviously be a problem too. I plan to mostly use it for swimming/underwater movement.

How about the fin 3 sizing? Does it run large/small?

Thanks very much!
    Hi, in regards to your question, we'll use my tail as an example, it's a Medium and I'm a waist 33 my hips are 41. The fabric stretches, but it fits me well. For you, you may* want to go with a small but there should be a sizing chart that's on the website. Good luck!
    Mermaid Mikayla

Thank you for your input, Mikayla! Much appreciated.
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air… - Emerson

>{

www.facebook.com/
    TheModernMermaid

http://sirenizeme.wordpress.com/