Thread: Hey

Hey

Hello everyone, I'm Lana, I live in Devon, England.
    I'm rather new to this, I've not even got my own tail as of yet, on my Xmas list.
    I have wanted to be a mermaid as long as I can remember age 6 I quit swimming lessons,
    stating to my teacher I wanted to learn to swim under the water, not on top of it.
    Age 13 I discovered scuba while on holiday in Tenerife, and did my PADI age 14.
    dived every year for my teen years. but its really expensive for equipment, and swimming in British waters is not fun (freezing)
    so have not scuba dived in a long time, and it's very cumbersome with all the tanks etc.
    Then early this year I started to hear about this mermaiding thing, saw a few vids on youtube and was like wow.
    Then luckily for me, my local pool did a mermaid experience thing for our town carnival week, so signed straight up, I was the only adult.
    and it was life-changing, I quizzed the instructor on everything, and what you need to do this, she informed me
    in the UK, you have to be level 2 swim instructor, so searched courses, which were way too expensive for me at the moment,
    I went to one of her full merfit sessions, and questioned more stuff, and found I can get my level 1 by volunteering at a local
    learn to swim club, which I have done and am 16/56 weeks in till I can take my level 1 course. Having never been part of a
    swimming club I have also learned lots of things about technique etc I never knew before which is awesome.

I'm obsessed, if I have not dropped big enough hints and father Christmas does not bring me a tail or at least a monofin for Xmas I'm gonna be heartbroken.

Welcome to MerNetwork. I hope you get your Christmas wish!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Member Euro Pod
    welcome!
    I hope you'll get the tail/monofin you wanted ^^

Follow Mer-Mage Mallora On Twitter
    Follow Mer-Mage Mallora on Tumblr Visit Mer-Mage Mallora's Youtube Channel
    Oh hey, another UK mermaid! Hope you got what you wanted for Christmas Lana!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app