Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FinFun AMP Monofin

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Here it is. Its in Mermaid Tails section now, no longer a separate option.
    https://www.finfunmermaid.com/design-a-tail
    Yes, that is the custom tail pattern. But they also have had custom tail sizing. Do they still have that?
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    Yes, that is the custom tail pattern. But they also have had custom tail sizing. Do they still have that?
    No. Didn't see any.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Jaffa View Post
    Here it is. Its in Mermaid Tails section now, no longer a separate option.
    https://www.finfunmermaid.com/design-a-tail
    Hi this is Steve Browning with Fin Fun Mermaid. We don't have our custom size tail option right now but we will at some time in the future.

Thanks, Merman Storm. I appreciate your feedback and invitation to set up an account. The AMP foot pockets are designed to be the same size as the Pro. So if you can wear the Pro you should be able to wear the AMP once it is corrected on future production runs. You will know when we show a change in the size chart. The AMP is intended to address the need for the strap and the plate.

We are also working on a new design for a larger monofin and are hoping to have it available this summer.

It’s nice that this post made an impact, glad I posted ^^

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Lily Dewdrop

Of The

Moose River

Custom Sizing

Yes, they do offer custom sizing. But you will have to call them at 1-844-4FINFUN to get assistance with a custom tail, as it is currently not advertised on the site.

Do they still have custom sizing? I just looked at their site and could not find it. But I do remember that it was never available for the limited edition tails, only for their basic tails.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Browning View Post
    Thanks, Merman Storm. I appreciate your feedback and invitation to set up an account. The AMP foot pockets are designed to be the same size as the Pro. So if you can wear the Pro you should be able to wear the AMP once it is corrected on future production runs. You will know when we show a change in the size chart. The AMP is intended to address the need for the strap and the plate.

We are also working on a new design for a larger monofin and are hoping to have it available this summer.
    Will you have a bigger blade for bigger feet? Maybe not now, but in the future plans?
    Formerly known as ireneho

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    A bit of information. Apparently, FinFun looks at these threads. I got a message from Steve Browning, President of Fin Fun:

"I read your post about our new AMP monofin on the MerNetwork website. Your comment that it is strange that we made an improved monofin but didn't make it big enough for larger feet is spot on. The manufacturer made a mistake and made the holes about 1/2" smaller than our design. Consequently, we have had to adjust the recommended foot sizes down for now until we sell out of this first order. Our next order will have bigger foot pockets! However, a size 11 1/2 man's foot will still find it tight! Take care and thanks again! We welcome any constructive criticism you may have as we are constantly looking for ways to improve our products and services.".
    I have size 11 women feet and heard it is too tight for my size. Really discouraging because I love my FF monofin and want a new one. I hope they get the ones with bigger pockets soon.

Can you confirm that the insert can't be removed? It's hell to get in and out as it is, but not removing it makes drying so slow.
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 02-01-2019 at 01:52 PM.