Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mermaiding is life! What are your hobbies?

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    Cool!

Watching birds.

Birding is cool, can vary from looking at whatever comes to the feeder you hung outside the window to travelling to interesting places with giant NASA sized telescopes...

Friends and I just went to the Delaware bay to see the great horseshoe crab spawning. They come up at high tide to lay eggs at the water's edge. Various shorebirds, including red knots (which have migrated from the tip of South America, and are headed to the arctic) stop to refuel on the eggs. Birders line up on the deck at the DuPont Nature Center to observe what lands on the sandbar.

They tend to be friendly and let you look too. Saw some oystercatchers and skimmers along with the usual gulls and sandpipers. Oystercatchers and skimmers are similar: big black and white birds with orange bills. Skimmers literally unzip the water with their extended underbill, catching fish as they fly, while oystercatchers stalk the sandbars poking into them for invertebrates.

Also saw a young eagle land. He/she had a nearly white head, but still brownish around the edges, so not quite mature.

Beaches, marshes and lakes (aka mermaid habitat) are actually some of the best places to see birds! I've got some pretty good pics with a fairly simple camera (Nikon Coolpix B500).

Sandpiper, horseshoe crab and mermaid pics here... (DuPont nature Center and Slaughter Beach DE)

https://www.swordwhale.com/horseshoe-crabs-and-semipalmated-sandpipers-2019.html

oh wow!

had to look up TCK

Diary is cool.

You basically have a gazillion awesome stories to tell, with your experience... continue to tell them!

I accumulate hobbies... No real focus right now, though I play video games, crochet, do cross-stitch, read for fun, read and write fanfic, and have performed in plays, musicals, operettas, and improv and taken voice and dance lessons. I'd like to either try a new hobby or recommit to an old hobby soon, but it's hard because I have a two year old son, am a grad student, am doing contract work, and have chronic illness.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

MY hobbies are pretty eclectic. It really just depends on which Muse comes up and clobers me in the head with a 2x4 that month. Then I work on it like a mad woman until it's finished (Or I have so many of them I get board of it), take a break than BAM! another Muse sneakes up and clobbers me again.
    Last edited by Mermoviemedic; 06-07-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Creative minds tend to do that... sample EVERYTHING... while often having a few core things we love...

just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

I'm another creative dabbling in lots of different hobbies- I like to read, paint, draw, rollerskate, thrift and I think of myself as a collector (I love finding unique and interesting things AKA shopping). I have tried to get into music and sewing but never seem to stick with it. I also really enjoy alternative beauty and fashion, being outdoors etc. I'm currently studying greenhouse work and floral design but frequently dream up new possibilities. I am also a proud cat mom

cats rule

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I have a lot of hobbies, so many that I have a hard time finishing projects
    I draw, model in 3D, make plushies and clothes, bake pies, cakes and cupcakes, swim, rolerskate, take walks with my son, play PC games, cross stitch and build duplo buildings with my son
    Your imagination is your only limit

Well I don't have many. Enjoying reading and walking with my dog. Also love travelling. This year I am thinking of selling property in Athens here and moving to a house close to the beach. It's been my dream for the past 5 years.

I had so many hobbies including origami, knitting, kayaking, poem and story writing, collecting and painting Warhammer figures (Eldar for life!). Nowadays I can afford myself only merfolk things (of course!) and some video games. Lately I've been playing Fortnite a lot both on PC and mobile phone. I'm not a hardcore player like my brother though, just love the aesthetics its light-hearted tones. By the way did you know there's a merman skin? It looks like a cartoonish creature for Black Lagoon to me though. Anyway, it's nice to see something mer-related in game like this.

My main hobby other than mermaiding is astrology and everything about it, including predictions. I have never thought I can be interested in something like that, but it's so entertaining. I'm currently reading about the planetary influence on a person's mood/life path etc https://clearastrology.com/planetary-influence/

Well my main hobby at the moment as the big otaku am i is an anime marathon i have starting challenging myself to watch 1000 animes because well right now i need inside hobby so being so into manga is real help (and as it's vost help me trying to get more of a real japanese langage level that's the very bad "japanese" i've managed to got now...well being self learned isn't easy), i love music, video games, drawing and writing (tough i'm a bit shy to sharing it i should expose me more but too scared still), and well lot of other stuff but overall "i'm a metalhead and a geek" is the fastest way i can present myself which gives a clear idea of what most of my life hobbies are like .

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    This year, its Sami Band Weaving and water colors.

Ongoing hobbies are tail and swimwear making, weaving - its just so relaxing! I has a few types of looms that I like working with.

Past hobbies:
    Tatting (making lace), loom knitting, beading, weaving looms. I was a huge World of Warcraft fan for a while and then Pandas came out and I gave up!
    I have too many hobbies to list!
    Formerly known as ireneho

I'm in love with taking photos and I always try to find interesting and beautiful places to share them with other people. Have recently bought a new smartphone holder for this purpose.

I've been working on getting back into crochet, knitting, making jewelry, painting and playing ukulele, piano and sewing. And I've been considering learning cross stitch or embroidery. (Haha never realized i had so many hobbies till I started to list them all XD )

Quote Originally Posted by SereiaTitania View Post
    I've been working on getting back into crochet, knitting, making jewelry, painting and playing ukulele, piano and sewing. Playing games of course using Despize for help. And I've been considering learning cross stitch or embroidery. (Haha never realized i had so many hobbies till I started to list them all XD )
    I have always envied multi-feceted people who have tons of hobbies. That is really awesome. My list of hobbies is considerably shorter. It comprises only reading, cycling, and playing games.

Haha multi-facited I like that, I've always just thought of it as haveing a really short attention span lol