Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mermaiding is life! What are your hobbies?

Mermaiding is life! What are your hobbies?

Hello everyone, I was wondering what all you Merfolk do for hobbies, weather it’s to have fun relax or just do something different. Obviously mermaiding is life and love. But what else brings you joy?

For me I love to read! Sometimes I write story’s, and have recently developed a fascination with wood working and drone flying !! My drone is a dji spark and takes amazing photos! And wood working is a lot of fun to make stuff with your hands it turns out beautiful choseing your wood and stains and everything Is so much fun !!! And it’s something I have started with my parents who are aging so that we have something to do fun together to make awesome memory’s while we still can !!!

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    Hello everyone, I was wondering what all you Merfolk do for hobbies, weather it’s to have fun relax or just do something different. Obviously mermaiding is life and love. But what else brings you joy?

For me I love to read! Sometimes I write story’s, and have recently developed a fascination with wood working and drone flying !! My drone is a dji spark and takes amazing photos! And wood working is a lot of fun to make stuff with your hands it turns out beautiful choseing your wood and stains and everything Is so much fun !!! And it’s something I have started with my parents who are aging so that we have something to do fun together to make awesome memory’s while we still can !!!

Well, aside from mermaiding, my hobbies are a strange combination: Freediving (of course ), scuba diving, writing (did the NaNoWriMo in 2017 and 2018), computing (especially on the Raspberry Pi), electronics, ham radio (yes, I have a callsign and therefore am a kind of certified nerd ), woodworking, kayaking, video making and editing, especially underwater videos, music (both listening and playing), just to point out the most important ones.

To sum it up, everything water-related, electronics, reading, writing and music.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MermanOliver View Post
    Well, aside from mermaiding, my hobbies are a strange combination: Freediving (of course ), scuba diving, writing (did the NaNoWriMo in 2017 and 2018), computing (especially on the Raspberry Pi), electronics, ham radio (yes, I have a callsign and therefore am a kind of certified nerd ), woodworking, kayaking, video making and editing, especially underwater videos, music (both listening and playing), just to point out the most important ones.

To sum it up, everything water-related, electronics, reading, writing and music.

That’s awesome !!!!! What kind of wood working do you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Satine View Post
    That’s awesome !!!!! What kind of wood working do you do?

Nothing too fancy, just what is necessary. Did two low tables for my sofa, a wooden deck in the garden, and my next big project is a raised bed for my daughter with a playing area. My wife did the design, I just do the actual woodwork.

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    My hobbies include swimming and planespotting. I also do lots of drawing The hobby I practice the most is flying training (yes this mer flies planes!) because I want to be a pilot when I leave school
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I love to write, and I also dabble in portrait photography
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)

Mermaiding is life! What are your hobbies?

I like to play guitar, ukulele, sing and write songs as well as write stories (I am almost finished with a novel, eek!). I also keep freshwater fish and soon saltwater and I occasionally painting and crafting. I also enjoy swimming when I can in the summer.

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Last edited by Mermaid_Izzy; 01-17-2019 at 08:22 PM. Reason: I can’t do English, even though it’s my only language.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    I write, sing, paint, draw, crochet, do carpentry and scroll saw, am learning German, and I'm making several video games by myself ^_^ the list is way too long lol

I also homestead and have a zoo of remnants from when i used to rescue

I also sew a bit so i can't want to eventually make my own tail skins.

Disabled doesnt mean dead, even though it can feel that way at times ^_^

Drones are cool! My friend has one that i hope to learn for photography <3

MerOliver i love my pi! I reskinned mario64 and am almost done with it. Its called peaches playground. Sadly i couldn't do the 3d models so mario is...oddly pretty loool

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by DerBears View Post
    I write, sing, paint, draw, crochet, do carpentry and scroll saw, am learning German, and I'm making several video games by myself ^_^ the list is way too long lol

And I thought I had a lot of hobbies! I don't see how you balance it all.

Sent from my ShellPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

My partner and caregiver is unusually supportive and gets excited with me none of my friends live close and i can't drive, so i have a looooot of bedrest time on my hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SirenGita View Post

Wow! That are quite a lot of hobbies, and a really broad area. Cool! And for the language: Viel Erfolg! Es ist nicht so schwierig, wie es immer erzählt wird.

I find i always have something to talk to people about to break the ice ^_^
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    I dabble...

Tatting, Quilling, crochet, weaving, reading, crossword puzzles, beading, loom knitting, tail making and making swimwear. These are just some of my hobbies.

To list them all, would take too long!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Mermaid Crafts and also Different Crafts Planer Crafting putting Stickers down on my Erin Condrin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sent from My Shell Phone Mermaid Auquita

Beside mermaid stuff, I loooove playing piano and I love making costumes and accessories. Here are some things I made besides mermaid items lol

Last edited by Imbrielle; 02-24-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind --of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Clara's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Clara On Twitter Add Mermaid Clara on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Clara's Youtube Channel
    I have a ton of hobbies I work on, sculpting, sewing, rerooting barbie dolls. I'm dabbling in quilting, repainting dolls, tail making...
    Right now my main projects are rerooting 4 doll heads, making my sequin tail prototype and sculpting a mermaid fluke and a blended waist for when i'm ready to upgrade my sequin tail into a sequin/silicone hybrid tail!
    *Previously know as KellyMermaid*

I have tons of hobbies I am such a stationary lover I love Planners arts and crafts I enjoy drawing and making watercolor mermaids

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sent from My Shell Phone Mermaid Auquita

My main hobby is art! I have an Instagram for it (@red.lion.art) and I've been drawing practice my whole life, but I only bothered to take it seriously in the last couple of years. I don't draw merfolk as much as I should to be honest - they do pop up from time to time though! I do commissions from time to time too, whenever I can get them, so that's fun too

I cosplay too, though I'm not the best at it. As you can see, I take it VERY seriously lmao
    Last edited by Merperson Danny; 02-25-2019 at 01:18 AM.
    Dan/Danny || 17 || they/them

(Avatar by me (@red.lion.art))

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I got a lot of hobbies, though I'm not particularly good at any of them. (except for the wildlife photography) Mostly drawing and writing, I do some sewing on and off. When it gets warmer I can finally get back to bodyboarding. I'd like to take surfing lessons in the spring or summer.

Danny, I really like your art! Lot of variety in style.