Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mermaiding is life! What are your hobbies?

Woodworking, working at conventions (not sure if that is a hobby but I have fun doing it XD), kayaking, rock climbing, cosplay, and gaming. Working on trying to get my scuba cert but that is tricky to get where I amt

So outdoors geek.
    Last edited by Darius; 02-27-2019 at 07:21 AM.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Furry is life

Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Furry is life
    Amen to that ^^ im also a furry. or should i say Merfur :P

as for my hobbies. sadly i dont have a lot of hobbies but i do play video games sometimes and looking up artworks online i also do art and crafts sometimes and make christmas ornaments i wish swimming was my hobby but i dont live anywere near a pool i also hope to cosplay as a merman someday

I'm super boring and generic. I love reading and writing. I have a blog called Diary of a Desi TCK, where I write about basically everything (the beauties and struggles of being a TCK, reflections on what it's like to be a hijabi, life updates). I also have recently started writing poetry, which is fun, but I'm not that good at it. Apart from that, I also play a lot of video games. I'm OBSESSED with Subnautica, it's my favourite game right now.

Add Vixy on Facebook
    I do a lot of charity things, like pet shelter and brownies and guides. I also like to sew, read and play video games. Making things, I'm going to get into knitting soon.

Junior Member Pod of The South Nixie Noele's Avatar
    Haha I work so much lately that I've been neglecting my hobbies. I'm an amateur astronomer, I paddleboard, paint, sew... all kinds of things!
    I have loved the stars too fondly,
    To be fearful of the Night.

I am a photographer, bellydancer, I am learning the Hurdy Gurdy, I make dance/mermaid costumes, jewelry and crowns. I also got a drone last year for my birthday, so have been having a blast with that too.

Junior Member Pod of Texas merlen's Avatar
    For me a lot of knitting, video games, and playing my harp. Sometimes cosplay, but hubby and I are moving into a new place soon, so none of my machines/equipments are set up for that right now.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Fun123joker's Avatar

Follow Fun123joker on Tumblr
    Im a juggler, fencer, illustrator, and cosplayer. but everyone knows me as that chick on rollerblades. my favorite part about cosplay is the sewing. Considering that some people put some examples of thier work, i shall follow.

gif. from Free! Eternal summer ending
    ・゚: *✧・゚:* \(◕ω◕✿)/ *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod swordwhale's Avatar
    Follow swordwhale On Twitter Add swordwhale on Facebook
    Follow swordwhale on Tumblr Visit swordwhale's Youtube Channel
    wow!!!

so many talented folks here...

I'm old enough to be your gramma, so I did a lotta stuff....

Living history (SCA, mashing guys with swords), training horses (including one mustang who'd run wild for 8 years), then the huskies found me (once had the 3 1/4 dog team, when someone gave me a 16 pound Schipperke who was a gung ho nut case and ran with the Big Dogs)(he also got to ride in the rig when he was tired), volunteered with wildlife rehabbers, rode in a van with a barfing vulture (that stinks)(they're also really really cool birds), wrangled otters (they bite through dive gloves), demonstrated projectile pooping with Thermal The Wonder Hawk and wrestled a (very small) tiger. hate sewing (so never making a tail) but managed to wrestle ancient Singer sewing machine into submission long enough to make medieval costumes (and one unicorn) for the horses.

I always hated swimming on the surface and learned to swim underwater fairly soon with a dolphin kick. Learned to scuba dive, but couldn't afford to go anywhere more exotic than Canada (Prescott, on the St. Lawrence river).

Once spent 6 days on a viking longship on the Potomac River (longshipco.org), continue to occasionally sail with them.

Did a guest crew passage on the Pride of Baltimore II (a wicked swift and agile privateer of the War of 1812) and was "taught to drive a pirate ship" (once, in the middle of the Bay where you can't wreck their gazillion dollar ship, they let you steer)(with a real sailor at hand) by someone who walked the same decks as Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom (she had crewed on the Lady Washington, which is the ship they stea...eh...commandeer, it's a nautical term, in the first Pirates movie).

I also commit art, writing and photography, and have done some environmental education art, recently, some watercolors of animals you find in the Codorus Creek for a local watershed alliance.

I live with geriatric Noah's ark: two old mustangs, two old dogs, two old cats and somehow I said "yeah, I'll take those two kittens you rescued"...

I kayak in the summer, swim when I can, and love my Fin Fun tails! (cause I can't afford those silicone things)...

Quote Originally Posted by Fun123joker View Post
    Im a juggler, fencer, illustrator, and cosplayer. but everyone knows me as that chick on rollerblades. my favorite part about cosplay is the sewing. Considering that some people put some examples of thier work, i shall follow.
    Wow, just wow. You look so cute.
    I've tried cosplaying a few times at local conventions, but mine costumes were far from perfect, especially compared to yours. I mostly write things (poems, songs, horror fiction) and play video games now. The last thing I played was Garry's Mod. Have anyone played it? Here the link to it if interested - garrysmodsandbox.com, I used to play it with friends in high school. It has nice nostalgic touch to me now

Wow! good stuff!!!

Me and Bazraf back in the dark ages... glad I did that then, too old now... I made the costume... how did I even DO THAT?!?!? I really don't sew...

OK, I tamed a unicorn once too...

The real sailor is on the left... I'm just trying to figure out why the great big black "unicorn horn" on the front of the boat keeps going the wrong way... (Pride of Baltimore II)(Meghan crewed on the Lady Washington too, the one they stea...eh...commandeer, in the first Pirates film).

sometimes you need a boat...

sometimes you need a bigger boat...

(viking longship Sae Hrafn, Oakley MD)(longshipco.org)

shimmygoddess

Great website! Fabulous tail!

I love pets and I spend about two - two and a half hours a day working in an animal shelter as a volunteer. I feel like this work is a great experience and I'm doing something I ultimately enjoy and love. I even used to share my emotions from this activity on my website https://assignment.essayshark.com/. Rock climbing is a second thing I love, helps me to stay fit and energetic. And the last one is reviews writing, that helps me develop my organizational and research skills for future study.
    Last edited by Ingeng; 04-19-2019 at 05:29 AM.