Thread: I am stuck on a stage name

I am stuck on a stage name

I love my name, Allura Dawn, but I'm also worried that using my real name might ruin the magic? And if I were to choose something else I wouldn't have any idea where to start.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by AlluraDawn View Post
    I love my name, Allura Dawn, but I'm also worried that using my real name might ruin the magic? And if I were to choose something else I wouldn't have any idea where to start.

What an unusual name! Why would you not want to use it? Maybe shorten it to Mermaid Dawn? As yet, there is no Dawn in our vast oceans. You'll be one of a kind!
    Formerly known as ireneho

Thank you for your reply, I have considered mermaid allura, allura dawn, or dawn. I'm just not sure just yet

I like Mermaid Allura
    I dream of a day when they may rise above the billows to drag down in their reeking talons the remnants of puny, war-exhausted mankind --of a day when the land shall sink, and the dark ocean floor shall ascend amidst universal pandemonium.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    I think Mermaid Allura sounds really great! Same with Allura Dawn. Allura Dawn already sounds like a fantasy name so it’s plenty magical. The only issue is whether or not you want your stage persona to be very separate from other aspects of yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

Allura is a lovely name for a mermaid, but if you want to keep your "real life" separate from mermaiding, it might be good to choose something else.

What is your mersona like? Favourite body of water? Favourite colours? Any personality quirks? Any of that might help in choosing a name.

I also seem to recall that there are some fantasy name generators online somewhere, if that might help.

Quote Originally Posted by tealmermaid View Post
    Allura is a lovely name for a mermaid, but if you want to keep your "real life" separate from mermaiding, it might be good to choose something else.

What is your mersona like? Favourite body of water? Favourite colours? Any personality quirks? Any of that might help in choosing a name.

I also seem to recall that there are some fantasy name generators online somewhere, if that might help.
    I just dont want it to ruin the magic. I havent fully formulated my mersona.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    That's a really cool name your parents must be cool ^_^ for safety reasons alone however i suggest you do NOT use it.

Too bad though!
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    You could also consider looking up anagrams of your name as well, that's how Tom Riddle got Voldemort (*cough*I'm a nerd)
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears